Clear All

My sticker was $77,000 and some

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      Turnaround $$$ ?
      Nope, just got tired of the dodge

Comment

Originally posted by slomo View Post
        my cousin has a 16 f350 still making payments and his engine blew 8000 miles out of warranty. Cost him $18k to have the motor replaced. Now he has a $1k truck payment and a $18k repair bill.
        That sucks.

Comment

my cousin has a 16 f350 still making payments and his engine blew 8000 miles out of warranty. Cost him $18k to have the motor replaced. Now he has a $1k truck payment and a $18k repair bill.
          If he paid $18K for a motor, he can handle the $1K truck note!

Comment

[QUOTE=Traildust;13083467]If he paid $18K for a motor, he can handle the $1K truck note![/

$18k is a pretty good chunk of what a new truck would cost. I think I would rather spend it on a new truck with a warranty rather than on a motor for a truck that still isn’t under warranty...(new motor does have limited warranty) if he loses a transmission or other major components fail he could have paid for half of a new truck already 🙈

Comment

I almost traded my 2012 for a new one on 12/30 but just because it would have saved me 20k in income tax.

I hate having truck payments but honestly the tax advantages being self employed make it worthwhile.

Comment

The price of a new truck these days is just insane. I really would find it extremely hard to invest over 60k in something I am 100% sure will depreciate in value.
                Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 01-08-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                  The price of a new truck these is just insane. I really would find it extremely hard to invest over 60k in something I am 100% will depreciate in value.
                  Yep. 60-70k iis pl buy you 20 acres or more in rocksprings...

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                    Yep. 60-70k iis pl buy you 20 acres or more in rocksprings...
                    Or a good deer lease for 20 years......which is a better option than 20 acres in Rocksprings!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Or a good deer lease for 20 years......which is a better option than 20 acres in Rocksprings!
                      True

Comment

$56.5k plus $900 for gooseneck hitch on mine

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                          I don’t see how how that math works unless you expect to make vehicle payments your entire life. As soon as you get a vehicle like that paid off, the repairs are still minuscule compared to what you make in payments per year. These trucks going for 60k carry a payment of at least 1200 a month over 5 years. That’s a mortgage payment on a small home or land. Those payments alone are 14,400 per year in vehicle expense. Massive repairs may cost this much, but those repairs are not necessary every year on a vehicle with under 150,000 miles. A truck payment is a guaranteed expense. You’re assuming that you are going to have about a 3500 repair bill every quarter at minimum, which just doesn’t normally happen on a truck.

Example: 1) I have a new truck that I pay for with zero issues. That truck is going to cost me around 14k that year if I buy something in the $60k range.

2) I have a truck/vehicle that is paid off and the transmission blows. I spend $10k-13k out of pocket for replacement.

You still spend less money out of pocket with a major mechanical failure on a paid off vehicle than you do making payments.

Edit: I’m not trying to say don’t go get the truck. If you want it, get it. Heck, I pay $900 a month for my wife’s Yukon that I never really drive.
                          this is true

Comment

he got had

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                              he got had
                              New engine from ford is $16k before labor

Comment

Good luck on your decision. You got a whole lot of what you were asking for here plus a whole lot of what you DID NOT ask for. Enjoy doing what is right for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X