Kolaches, PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
    Where's this Winkles at? May have to check it out soon.

Lol! Always proof your posts Colton....

Didnt even catch that. Well, guess im going to have to go grab another one now

Comment

Weikel's aren't bad but I'll take Hruska's in Ellinger over them any day. Also, it'll be worth your while to try Hruska's pan sausage and cabbage/pan sausage and sauerkraut pigs as well.

Comment

Hot chubbie with cheese is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
          I like the Kolaches from Greens Sausage house in Zabcikville,Tx outside of temple!
          This ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
            Jak se mate!

I guess some folks that are replying didn't read the article haha..

Best Kolaches I've ever had were from my great grandmother who could only speak Czech...no meat in those dudes, Poppy Seed!!
            Fine, and you? [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like em all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shaking my head. No such thing as a kolache with meat. Kolaches are a cream/jelly filled pasty. Like stated above, it's a klobasnek. I hate going into places and looking at the tags that say kolache for everything.

And yes, Weikels is undeniably the good. Country Bakery in schulenburg and Hallettsville are just as good IMO. Now I'm hungry. Crap

you are exactly right

Comment

The place in Waller makes some with Kountry Boys regular and hot sausage. Best I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I have never seen grown men get so worked up over a small square of bread, sugar, fruit filling and weenies...

I'll be the first to say they're all WAAAAAAY overrated anyway. Much better things to eat than true kolaches

Comment

Grew up on the ones from Snook.
                      loved them.. cant remember the name of the place..was a bunch of older ladies way back when... doubt theyd still be around today though.

Comment

If y'all are going through Centerville there is a new Czech bakery at 45 north and Hwy 7. If you turn east on 7 the driveway/road is just a block or so down on the right:

Broken Star Bakery

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Grew up on the ones from Snook.
                          loved them.. cant remember the name of the place..was a bunch of older ladies way back when... doubt theyd still be around today though.
                          As a kid, that was our stop on the way to Somerville every time we went fishing.

Stop on the way home and buy Slovacek sausage in Snook too.

Been a long time since then.

Comment

Both my grandmothers were Czech, I think I have one of their recipes, the other didn't have anything written, just made from memory. As she was as on her death bed she was laying in her bed unconscious and obvious to Who was around her and she was making her kolache dough, she was rolling it out and everything.

Comment

My Grandma's peach, prune and poppyseed are the best! Nothing better that a fresh poppyseed Kolache out of the oven!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                If y'all are going through Centerville there is a new Czech bakery at 45 north and Hwy 7. If you turn east on 7 the driveway/road is just a block or so down on the right:

Broken Star Bakery
                                Do they have sausage kolaches?

Comment

Working...
                                X