No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back again. Did not see nothing again. I think the heli shoot moved them into the woods more. I've been dumping corn and they come through at night but even busting brush I do not see them in the day.

Saw a couple guys with shotguns and a dog. Are dogs allowed out there?

If hillcountrybowhunter were here this weekend I bet he would meet up with you guys, he can always find them walking in and left from the primative launch area.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
      Think Im gunna head out early sunday. I would like to meet up with yall if thats alright. Still tryin to get to know the area. Do yall take boats across or walk(If so from where)? Thanks
      Im planning on getting there from the water treatment plant. I may get my bro's mountain bike to make the trip faster out there. I bardered with my GF and I have until 9:45 to hunt, so thats like two hours. I have to go to church. Sunrise is at 7 so Lets meet at 5:45. If we walk it's about 35 to 40 minutes, if we ride bikes it will be quicker. Anyone else game. We need to have a few more guys.

Comment

A bunch of yall got PM's. Paintman, GSXRMAN 22, u guys up for hunting early in the mourning at the PC?

Comment

Hi

Just stopping in to say Hi to everyone. I am new to this site, and 2nd yr bowhunting. I've never hunted public land but my cousins Live in Taylor and have been hunting out at Granger for sometime hope to get out there soon hope to see you guys around sounds like alot of fun.

Comment

Crod, I aint got a bike but i dont mind meeting you early to walk in. Ill check back later this evening to see what the plan is. I can be out there early. Ill probably be hunting till early afternoon(1-2pm) if anyone wants to join us.

Comment

Sorry but I have church n the morning. I would never make it back n time. I would b able 2 do an evening hunt if your schedules permit that. I do believe with more people n the hunt that our odds r alot better.

Comment

ill be there tomorrow but not sure how early ill make it out there.probably gonna work acrost from boat ramp up to primitive hope to see yall

Comment

Ok TXFIREFIGHTER, it looks like its you and I in the early mourning. Hopefully paintman will meet us coming up from the boat launch.

Lets me at the circular drive by the water treatment plant no later than 6. That should give us enough time to get out there right before day break. I can only hunt until 930 at the lastest. Hope to see you there. If I here from you before ten pm tonight and you like coffee Ill bring it.

Comment

I might try to meet y'all out there in the morning if I can get a kitchen pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
                      I might try to meet y'all out there in the morning if I can get a kitchen pass.
                      Sounds good..... more the marrier.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                        Sounds good..... more the marrier.
                        Well, I didn't make it. I stayed up way to late watching t.v, I had to watch HBO's "Taking Chance".

How did y'all do?

Comment

Well, I didn't make it. I stayed up way to late watching t.v, I had to watch HBO's "Taking Chance".

How did y'all do?
                          they rushed my mother\in\law to er last night so i didnt get to go today .dang

Comment

crod888,

I am here at the Fire House looking at this thread, Maybe I should have called in sick today!!!!! Will try and find some time to make it out, when are you headed out next?

Comment

How did y'all do?
                              Paintman, sorry to hear about your mother in law. I shot one "BUT"....... heres the story.

TXFIREFIGHTER and I got out there a little later than we wanted but got on pigs pretty quick. Met up with a guy who was camping at the PC and said he had been seeing them also. Isaac and I started pushing pigs around trying to get shots but just kept on missing them. At about 9 we both parralled each other with a thicket of blood weeds between us and all of a sudden I see this pig come out of the weeds on only its two front legs. I shoot at it, 40 yards and miss high, he runs into the weeds and I take up after him. I was right on him most of the time and pulled back two times but couldn't get a shot becasue It was to thick or I didn't have a shot to him. A few times I got right up on him and he turned towards me and tried coming after me but couldn't, had he had both legs... wow he woulda hurt me. So I make it to a partial clearing in the weeds and finally get a shot at about ten feet. He starts to move so I run up next to him and begin to try and pull my arrow out so he doesn't roll and bust my $13 arrow, I got it out and was then joined by the other hunter who was at the PC and he gave me his knife which I used to pu the pig out of his misery. I pulled him out and got pics with my phone. He was small, maybe 50/60 lbs but it was fun. He really smelled rotten, like something was really wrong with him, although we could see why his legs were broke so we decided to pull him into the weeds for the coyotes.

Sooo, I got one but it was a mercy killing.

Had fun meeting TXFIREFIGHTER, great guy. i hope to hunt agin with him soon.

Planning on going back out Tuesday mourning.

Comment

Originally posted by NateYJ View Post
                                crod888,

I am here at the Fire House looking at this thread, Maybe I should have called in sick today!!!!! Will try and find some time to make it out, when are you headed out next?
                                Tuesday mourning.

Comment

Working...
                                X