No announcement yet.

Oysters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never liked oysters anyway they were prepared. That is until I ate the Jacked Up Oysters at Don's Seafood in Lafayette. Those oysters were delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
      Harvey was bad for the oyster industry in Texas!!!
      Yea it has...plus TPWD just shut down oyster harvesting in several bays along the Texas coast

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        Raw, fried, and Rockefeller!!!
        Yup - Yup - and Yup..................

Never met an oyster I did not like..................

Comment

Oysters

Raw, fried, bienville, smoked, rockefeller- haven't found a way I don't like em. They taste best when bought right off the boat with TBHr The Cajun, from a coon-*** woman that could kick both our asses. $40 and a few beers well spent every time.

Last edited by Patton; 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I throw them on the smoker with a jalapeño slice and a little bit of queso fresco.

Comment

Fried oyster po boy!!

Comment

Mouth watering. Love a fried oyster poboy. Remoulade, fresh home grown tomato and lettuce and shake on some Ragin Blaze. Or just about any other way you cook them or on the half shell. All with an ice cold beer.

Comment

I prefer the charbroiled oysters at Dragos in New Orleans, that's my favorite. I do like a good fried oyster as well.

However, those massive handful looking oysters that are posted look like true trophies but I could not imagine eating one in 2-3 bites, those just don't do it for me,,,,

Comment

I like them any way I can get them. Favorite is half shell and Rockefeller. Acme in Nola is hard to beat

Comment

Man! You guys have me craving oyster! When does HEB start selling oysters on the shell so I could try some of these here recipes?!

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        Raw, fried, bienville, smoked, rockefeller- haven't found a way I don't like em. They taste best when bought right off the boat with TBHr The Cajun, from a coon-*** woman that could kick both our asses. $40 and a few beers well spent every time.

They do taste the best when you buy them off the boat or hand pick them like i do. What is oysters bienville?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                          They do taste the best when you buy them off the boat or hand pick them like i do. What is oysters bienville?
                          mushrooms and shrimp with a cream sauce, brandy, bread crumb mixture

Comment

My father in law is bringing up some fresh ones from Austwell this week. Can't wait to bust into them, but he says they aren't that great yet. I don't care one way or another, just ready to break out the saltines/cocktail/horseradish for the appetizer, and get the grease hot for the main course!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              mushrooms and shrimp with a cream sauce, brandy, bread crumb mixture

Those look great!!! I'll have to give that a try

Comment

I like mine topped with a shrimp, a dab of cocktail sauce and some parmesan then cooked on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                                X