No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, gave it a try this afternoon. Couldnt get out there until about 1:30. Went to the Pecan grove for awhile this afternoon. Ran across about a dozen carcasses three nice deer some rabbits and a couple squirrels. No live hogs though. everything I saw as far as indicators was a little older as well. I was on the south side of the river. Today was more a scouting day anyway.

Headed over to San Gabriel at the end of the day for about an hour to check that out. I think the next trip out will start there. I found a really nice wallow that had been used quite a bit. There was a rather large "bathroom" as well about 50 meters off from there. I believe it has good potential, but you all are the experienced ones out there. You tell me. I started at the boat launch, I guess that is gate 6 I think. Straight in about 400 yards then left through the brush to a dry creek bed.

Comment

boat launch is gate 7,but san gabrial unit is a good spot so is pecan grove,it will take a week or two for the hogs to settle down after the heli shoot but believe me there still there good luck and keep stickin pigs

Comment

It just takes time in the woods to find the pigs, but once you find them it's on! Make sure to stalk around quietly or you will never even get a glimpse of them... They are definately a challenge and do have Nikes on most of the time.

Comment

I was out last night, actually saw one in the open. Didn't get any shots. The rest of the group was in the weeds. The group still sounds pretty good size. Saw one dead one, half eaten. Going out Wednesday again.

Comment

went out tonight,saw 2,sow and piglet,in the open about 70 yards,couldnt close the distance cuz they were moving sure looked good out there today

Comment

Going out tomarrow. Gonna be warm so im just gonna hunt early mourning and late afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                Going out tomarrow. Gonna be warm so im just gonna hunt early mourning and late afternoon.
                good luck wish i could meet ya there

Comment

Yeah, with the misty rain today I am sure they were moving. Perfect conditions, damp enough to quiet the leaves, but not so damp that everything turns to mud.

Damm work keeps getting in the way of what is really important.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                    Yeah, with the misty rain today I am sure they were moving. Perfect conditions, damp enough to quiet the leaves, but not so damp that everything turns to mud.

Damm work keeps getting in the way of what is really important.
                    ya i kinda snuck out of work at lunch,then my wife calls at five,her car died so i had to leave

Comment

Yea, I keep on hoping to meet up with someone. I think it's easier to get at them in the bloodweeds with two people.

Comment

Hey Crod888 I will probably head out there tomorrow morning. What area you gonna be in?

Comment

You still on here. Crod888
                          Last edited by Gsxrman_22; 02-18-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Hey anybody ever seen any turkey out at granger?

Comment

In the 90's I saw turkeys out there all the time, on the noth side of Willis Creek and also near the primitive boat launch. Haven't seen or heard any in quite a while though. Have a decent number of them on my lease just east of the dam though, so there's still a few in the general vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxrman_22 View Post
                                Hey anybody ever seen any turkey out at granger?
                                I have seen loads of turkeys out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X