For the GoPro guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
    Why don't you just use an external battery pack with a a USB port? That's what I use on both of mine and have had them running for up to 6 hours and have never overheated.
    Can you do that and still use the waterproof case? I have a external battery I use to charge my phone all the time that would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
      Can you do that and still use the waterproof case? I have a external battery I use to charge my phone all the time that would be perfect.
      No. If you go this route the case isn't waterproof any more.

Comment

I got the Brunton All Day 2.0 that fits HERO, HERO3+ and HERO4. It works well and no heat issues. I like to get to stand real early and just leave the GoPro on record the whole time. Before I got this, the batteries would sometimes die just as things were getting good.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
          I got the Brunton All Day 2.0 that fits HERO, HERO3+ and HERO4. It works well and no heat issues. I like to get to stand real early and just leave the GoPro on record the whole time. Before I got this, the batteries would sometimes die just as things were getting good.
          How long is it lasting for you?

Comment

Haven't run it out. More than four hours, though. Five would be my guess.

Comment

I bought that orange battery pack and it wont latch on my Hero3 silver. Is there something doing wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Duramaxjack View Post
                I bought that orange battery pack and it wont latch on my Hero3 silver. Is there something doing wrong ?
                It's a little confusing and I have already contacted B&H about an incorrect description.

There are at least two Brunton models. The one the OP posted is 4,000mAh. The one I bought (2.0) is 5,000mAh. I'm not sure what other differences there may be, so I can only really speak on the 2.0 model.

Additionally, the HERO3 and HERO3+ are not the same thing. And they have different sized cases.

I also have a HERO3 and my Brunton All Day 2.0 will NOT fit it.

The Brunton All Day 2.0 only fits the HERO (the brand new one, not the original), the HERO3+ (note plus), and the HERO4.

It does not fit the HERO2 or HERO3.

I am using my Brunton on the $118 HERO (the new basic model). Incidentally, the technology changes rapidly. My new HERO at $118 takes video as good as my HERO3 Black and better than my HERO2, both of which I spent quite a bit more on.

Hope that helps.
                Last edited by Snakelover; 11-25-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I need some help.
                  I run 3 GoPros on pretty much everything we do, but now I'm about to add an actual video camera to my arsenal for getting some shots that the GoPros can't due to no zoom....

What other cameras are you guys running?

I'm not wanting to spend much, just need 1080 HD and to capture some shots out to 50 or 75 yards out without losing quality.

Any help/suggestions/brands/models and or links to info I should look into first would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
                  Taylor

Comment

Good info. Looking to extend my Hero4's battery life.

I use a Samsung cam on a bow mount I built:

Here is an example of the shots you can get using this rig:

Comment

I bought a gopro today!!

Comment

Congrats! You will have allot of fun with it.

Comment

Just a update. I have been using the extended battery now for a while and it still works great. I have used it for hunts and recording our rock crawling and have never had a problem with it. I even use it to charge my phone while out on the trails.

Comment

Was playing with the Hero4 during our recent trip to Taos. Here is my first stab at a night lapse.

Set it up and went to bed. Battery lasted around 2 hours I figure.

Comment

Nicely done. I always liked those in the transition between hunt days on video. Not easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                                Was playing with the Hero4 during our recent trip to Taos. Here is my first stab at a night lapse.

Set it up and went to bed. Battery lasted around 2 hours I figure.

Nice! What settings did you use on the night lapse? Auto? Or did you mess with the white balance and ISO limit?

Comment

Working...
                                X