No announcement yet.

Rockets Choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this pace the Texans will probably see a championship win before the Rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      The 4 seed losing in 6 to the 1 seed two time defending champions is not choking. People throw that term around too much. They lost a series they were not favored in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Thank you!!! Choking is when you're a heavy favorite and you crap the bed. If Houston had won the series it would have been because GS choked, as they obviously have a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        The spurs should have been a lottery team and pushed the 2 seed to 7 games.

Stop deflecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          That will continue unless GS loses a couple of players after this season which might happen.
          Still might not happen.

KD and cousins were out this game, and curry wasn't there until the 4th quarter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Agreed, and greed is the issue--on Harden's part. He thinks he can carry a team, but it is obvious he cannot. Toss Paul in that equation and you have a recipe for losing and losing and losing.
            I said this exact thing when Paul came to Houston. Two guys together that don’t really distribute the ball will always conflict in the end. Paul is good PG but harden took that option away imo. I’m just glad they are out of the playoffs. I do not like the style of b-ball the rockets play.

Comment

I dunno why guys are hating on harden. He did revert to the 3 point shots at the end but it wasn't like last year
              This last game was 100%lack of effort under the basket. Capella looked like a scared child every time a pass got to him under the rim. He literally watched guys get the rebound in front of him. He kept finding himself on the perimeter guarding,and couldn't be a big guy defending under the basket. He literally contributed nothing but one steal and 2 easy lobs. Harden did his part,no one else got physical in their roles except Gordon and Tucker. No one got rebounds. I think Harden got his own rebound once. Best excuse I can think of is they were wore down. They just lacked physicality.

Comment

I miss the old school Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets. Each time had a rim protector and enforcer. Made things very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                  I dunno why guys are hating on harden. He did revert to the 3 point shots at the end but it wasn't like last year
                  This last game was 100%lack of effort under the basket. Capella looked like a scared child every time a pass got to him under the rim. He literally watched guys get the rebound in front of him. He kept finding himself on the perimeter guarding,and couldn't be a big guy defending under the basket. He literally contributed nothing but one steal and 2 easy lobs. Harden did his part,no one else got physical in their roles except Gordon and Tucker. No one got rebounds. I think Harden got his own rebound once. Best excuse I can think of is they were wore down. They just lacked physicality.
                  When your two best players depend on exaggerated contact for 50% of their points and the refs start to swollow whistles later in the playoffs you aren’t built to win.

Harden shoots more free throws than Allen Iverson or Shaq ever did. Iverson hit the floor more than any player ever, and they fouled Shaq on purpose.

It should have been a major giveaway when D'Antoni complained about the refs after game one. The rockets can’t win without their help, because so much of their scoring depends on whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    I said this exact thing when Paul came to Houston. Two guys together that don’t really distribute the ball will always conflict in the end. Paul is good PG but harden took that option away imo. I’m just glad they are out of the playoffs. I do not like the style of b-ball the rockets play.
                    It’s just not pretty. I’d be interested to see how many possessions they had with more than 2 players touching the ball.

Comment

How about them Astros?

Comment

It’s just not pretty. I’d be interested to see how many possessions they had with more than 2 players touching the ball.
                        What they would of done to the Spurs wouldn’t have been pretty either.

Comment

When your two best players depend on exaggerated contact for 50% of their points and the refs start to swollow whistles later in the playoffs you aren’t built to win.
                          Are you actually claiming Harden gets 50% of his points from the free throw line?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            Are you actually claiming Harden gets 50% of his points from the free throw line?
                            You will have to wait till tomorrow. It’s past his bedtime...

Comment

Lost with Durant out, that's pretty obvious to me the better team won. Disappointing but was another good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                What they would of done to the Spurs wouldn’t have been pretty either.
                                They would have destroyed the spurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X