No announcement yet.

My dumb question for the DAY :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand, sit. Stand, sit. Stand, sit. To come down, Sit, stand. Sit, stand. Sit, stand.

Tie top to bottom with almost any rope and like said, wear a safety harness as soon as you get in stand and don't take it off till you get back to ground. Keep a cell phone and a whistle on you at all times.

And practice in your back yard or local park before trying it while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      What could possibly go wrong?
      Lmao. No offense PB2 but this is a terrible idea. But if you must.. that climber doesn’t look very user friendly and who knows what it’s rated for. Look on YouTube and find one that will Hold you, climbs easy, quiet, light, and comfortable
      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 04-03-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Stay on the ground PB. We enjoy having you around.

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem. Video your first climb so we can critique your style...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I say go for it. Make sure you use a really tall pine tree.

Comment

PM Graysonhogs and ask how it went.

Comment

Just depends on what part of Texas u live. Only straight trees we have in central Texas are cottonwoods. I guess u might could use a telephone pole.

Comment

At 5'11" and 245, I dont do climbers and would recommend them for any husky fellas ��

Comment

My dumb question for the DAY :-)

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    PM Graysonhogs and ask how it went.

*censored*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      A buddy said the same

I'm 5'19" tall and at last weight was 324#....
                      Most are rated for 300#. Also think you shouldn't use it. But if you do please record it and post, lol.

Comment

I hunt out of a climber often . I had to jump about 10 ft out of mine because I let the bottom rope come loose and I didn't realize it.. be careful my uncle broke his back falling out of one he had to pull himself to his 4 wheeler with his arms. Luckily a guy found him at the lease gate he couldn't get off and open it.. spent 2 weeks in the hospital..

Comment

I gave up my climbing stands when I turned 70. If you know how to use them and set them up properly with the right safety harness system they are as safe as ladder stands and safer than hang-on stands. I have several buddies that are pushing 300 lbs and they use climbers on a regular basis and have had no problems.

Comment

wear a harness. I fell out @ about 15 feet. Lucky I wasn't hurt. Gave it away and haven't touched one since. Just be careful and make sure someone knows where you are.

Comment

and make sure the top and bottom have a strap to each other

Comment

Get a set of climbing sticks and use it as a lock on. Your welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X