Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
    How does TPWD keep count of roadkill deer when they’re trying to put together population numbers? I’ve been going out to killeen a lot lately and the amount of deer rotting on the side of the road is getting crazy, in one spot there was a buck and 2 does within a mile-mile and a half- of each other. That’s just going northbound on 195 southbound had 4 laid out before the Boone’s exit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Theres a ton of deer around morgans point on belton but the neighborhood won't allow them to be hunted, you will see deer laying around the patio furniture, pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Theres a ton of deer around morgans point on belton but the neighborhood won't allow them to be hunted, you will see deer laying around the patio furniture, pretty funny.

Do those patio deer count in the population numbers?like do they specify X-total amount of deer in Texas and Y-total number of deer to be hunted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill be there tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Good luck Top!!

Comment

Could not make it. Got out of my CHL class to late. Will be there Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Ready for christmas
              Attached Files

Comment

Well... I am driving out to get my equipment and put it up till next season.

I am blessed to have a full freezer (doe and buck with the bow, 2 doe and a buck with the gun)... unfortunately it is time to get my shoulder surgery, so that I will be back in proper form for next season.

I have enjoyed the updates from everyone. I will be watching along and hoping for everyone to get their golden tickets and a buck. IMHO the best hunting at G'town is post gun season, so you have lots of time.

See you out there next October.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with the shoulder man.

Comment

Good luck with surgery!

Comment

Out this morning. Nothing but tree rats. I will be back this afternoon

Comment

I'll be out as much as possible Tomorrow - Tuesday.

Took a few days off work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went out yesterday and had the same experience...Nada, maybe with the front approaching the deer might move. Was going to head out this afternoon but not excited about it. Might just chill

Comment

Here's the outlook for the next couple days

Comment

Sit all morning and only see one yearling..then driving out this guy is hanging by the side of the road in the neighborhood without a care in the world

Comment

Working...
                                X