Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Repair

18:1 Rhinehart.

Foamed up with builders foam, rubberized with spray rubber sealer, repainted, and ready for another several thousand shots.

Total cost - $17

Rick
    Attached Files

I know a guy that did that with a couple of 3D animals. Got several extra years of use out of them doing that every year or two.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I know a guy that did that with a couple of 3D animals. Got several extra years of use out of them doing that every year or two.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
      I wish I had done this one sooner. It was about ready to fall apart, but I got a good scald on it anyway.

Rick

Comment

I hope its not silly to ask. But i have a 3d deer that needs redone. Will the same work and also can you post pictures of the products used please.

Comment

I may look into one of those targets as I've been burning through bags to the tune of three a year. I wanted to buy a blob but the company wouldn't email me back and it ****** me off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
            I hope its not silly to ask. But i have a 3d deer that needs redone. Will the same work and also can you post pictures of the products used please.
            I've already discarded the cans, but all the materials were just the cheap stuff I bought at Dollar General. Yes, you can repair 3D animal targets the same way. I've done a bunch of them at my club. Just make sure you bind it up real good before foaming it.

Rick

Comment

I think a video is in order

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                I think a video is in order

Maybe when I have to repair this one again. It'll be a while.

Rick

Comment

Bind it up good. Like Saran wrap tightly?

Comment

Rick,

Do you just foam up the deep cavities and then trim the target back to shape after the foam expands everywhere?

I was thinking along the same lines of what you did but my target is still in pretty good shape. I used to use the layered and compressed foam sheet targets and once they are gone there isn't much that I can think of that can be done to repair them. The present target is a Block and appears to have been molded. It has been a pretty robust target.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      Rick,

Do you just foam up the deep cavities and then trim the target back to shape after the foam expands everywhere?
                      Yes.

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      I was thinking along the same lines of what you did but my target is still in pretty good shape. I used to use the layered and compressed foam sheet targets and once they are gone there isn't much that I can think of that can be done to repair them. The present target is a Block and appears to have been molded. It has been a pretty robust target.
                      The last layered target I had was a "BLOCK".
                      It has about a 1/2" outside solid coating, but is layered on the inside after that. It lasted a little longer than others, but not much.

I finally gave up on the layered targets. I just shoot them up to fast.

This Rhinehart has been amazing. I just wish I had kept it foamed up occasionally as I went.

Rick

Comment

Nice job! I need to start doin that before I completely destroy them.

Comment

Great idea Rick!!

Comment

I wish I had done a before & after photo shoot. This target was shot to crap.

Rick

Comment

Use the great stuff foam from Lowe's or home depot! My targets are like new again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X