Sheet rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet rock

We took in (only) 4" of water in our cypress, texas home.
    I immediately tore out flooring, baseboards, trim and bottom 2' of drywall.
    Now I am dried out and looking for a dependable group to repair and prepare the walls for painting.

Thank you for any leads.

Big Pig

Kinsley sheetrock out of tomball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My inlaws had 4" get in their house in Orange. We cut out 16" what a mess! Good luck man

Comment

What would you say is a reasonable price to pay per sqft to hang, tape and float it? How many layers of mud. I am looking at about 1,200sf.

Comment

Originally posted by dummble View Post
          What would you say is a reasonable price to pay per sqft to hang, tape and float it? How many layers of mud. I am looking at about 1,200sf.
          Installers market now and for the next year in the Houston area. They'll be able to pick and choose their projects at will.

Comment

Try to do as much as you can, yourself. Soon as the adjuster (FEMA) sees everything, rock and roll!!

Get your insulation and dry wall out in Brenham or BCS as they wont be AS sold out

Comment

I could give you a number of some of our guys that could do it on the side. Some of our guys were flooded bad, and could use some extra $. I work for a commercial drywall company here in Houston, and we do both drywall and finishing.

Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
                Kinsley sheetrock out of tomball.

Going with them. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Going with them. Thanks.
                  Pat is a stand up guy. You wont be sorry

Comment

for all those affected, do your homework .... do NOT use Chinese sheetrock !!!

most of NOLA was rebuilt with Chinese drywall post Katrina. It all had to be redone. Inferior product that was loaded with chemicals causing major health issues. Resulted in a huge class action lawsuit vs. the product manufacturer

I have no doubt tons of overseas sheetrock will find it's way into the Houston rebuilding market.

Comment

I could use some help from your guys. Pm sent

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                      I could give you a number of some of our guys that could do it on the side. Some of our guys were flooded bad, and could use some extra $. I work for a commercial drywall company here in Houston, and we do both drywall and finishing.

Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X