No announcement yet.

Ragin Blaze Boudin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was unimpressed by the pork. The boudin was still awesome. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
      I was unimpressed by the pork. The boudin was still awesome. Back to the drawing board.
      Wrong kind of pork. It needs to be bacon..........

Or stick with the pork steak but rub with Ragin' Blaze and deep fry, skipping the smoking.

Comment

I pit the cheese out on the counter in the wee hours of this morning and just fried some up.

BOOM! And they taste good.

Comment

What is make of the grinder?

Comment

I bought mine a few years ago at northern tool. Here is the one that I bought.

Originally posted by aboriack View Post
            What is make of the grinder?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I'd be curious if anybody uses feral hog liver though. For some reason, maybe it is a good one, I stay away from organs from feral hogs. I kow thier meat is fine, but I try to stay away from the other stuff. Because of that, I just get pork liver from the butcher.
              I'm curious of that too. Why are feral organs bad? or are they?

Comment

Nothing wrong with liver from feral pigs. I use deer liver in my boudin.

Comment

I made this boudin at thanksgiving at it turned out awesome. Definitely the best I ever had. Thanks Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have a recipe that you followed? If so would you be willing to share it?

Comment

Blake what do you think about cold smoking post stuffing before freezing like we do with the deer sausage I have sent you home with. We would not be bringing it to temp while smoking...it would be just to add flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        make boudin balls, stuff with jalapeno pepper jack cheese, and fry

you will be in heaven

Here do you get this type of crust ?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Blake what do you think about cold smoking post stuffing before freezing like we do with the deer sausage I have sent you home with. We would not be bringing it to temp while smoking...it would be just to add flavor.

I always cold smoke mine before I freeze it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely, I do. Just use cure to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              Do you have a recipe that you followed? If so would you be willing to share it?
                              the recipe/directions are included with the boudin seasoning

cold smoke is ... smoke away brother

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                              Here do you get this type of crust ?
                              egg wash and flour, just like a fried chicken batter

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I always cold smoke mine before I freeze it .

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                              Absolutely, I do. Just use cure to be on the safe side.
                              you use "cure" for smoking boudin ? the boudin meat is already cooked and when you vacuum seal it , it lasts a good while in the freezer

Comment

I shouldn't have looked at this, I'm starving now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X