No announcement yet.

Acrylic Fish Tank Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good. I wish I had the guts to build one and put it in my house. I have a 240 gallon with very thick glass and that sucker was so heavy it was unreal. Plus the scratches in my glass are permanent.

Uaru Joey the DIY King has a great YouTube video on building a huge acrylic tank (300g I think).

Keep us posted on your next build.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      Looking good. I wish I had the guts to build one and put it in my house. I have a 240 gallon with very thick glass and that sucker was so heavy it was unreal. Plus the scratches in my glass are permanent.

Uaru Joey the DIY King has a great YouTube video on building a huge acrylic tank (300g I think).

Keep us posted on your next build.
      Txhuntr2,
      The king of DIY is what inspired me. One of the great things about these acrylic tanks is how light they are comparatively. I started the new build last night, and will start a new thread when I get some time. Should be interesting since my welds are (in my opinion) still subpar.

Comment

Originally posted by sir huntsalot View Post
        Txhuntr2,
        The king of DIY is what inspired me. One of the great things about these acrylic tanks is how light they are comparatively. I started the new build last night, and will start a new thread when I get some time. Should be interesting since my welds are (in my opinion) still subpar.
        What other fish do you keep or plan to keep in the new build?

Comment

I think the new tank will be african cichlids; possibly a species specific tank. I also really like the idea of a heavily stocked tetra and Cory tank. Obviously two entirely different water parameters.

Comment

I've been wanting to switch my 240 over to a Hap/Peacock tank. It now has one really big male Parachromis dovii.

I've never kept africans before but a giant tank filled with 40+ male hap/peacocks would look super badaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
              I've been wanting to switch my 240 over to a Hap/Peacock tank. It now has one really big male Parachromis dovii.

I've never kept africans before but a giant tank filled with 40+ male hap/peacocks would look super badaz.
              There's no time like the present. Although wolf cichlids are pretty dope on their own.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by GaryC View Post
                  Very nice!!
                  Thank you sir. It's been fun trying something new

Comment

Love the idea! I am looking at making one for my son for his birthday. I would love to do it in an old school, wood framed TV like the one my grandparents had when I was a kid. THey are really hard to find now days of course. If anyone has one, hit me up! I would love to take it off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_thunder View Post
                      Love the idea! I am looking at making one for my son for his birthday. I would love to do it in an old school, wood framed TV like the one my grandparents had when I was a kid. THey are really hard to find now days of course. If anyone has one, hit me up! I would love to take it off your hands.
                      That sounds like an awesome idea! Please post pics if you do it.

Comment

I saw a bunch of vintage TVs on eBay, but MAN are they pricey!! If you guys see one out there hitting the garage sales, buy it.

Comment

Working...
                        X