No announcement yet.

Canning Salsa - Step by step with Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang that looks good!! I am going to have to try this recipe.

Comment

[emoji106]

Comment

Made this recipe last week. Good stuff but have one question...it sure is sweet to the taste. I didn't taste the tomatoes before blending them, but I'm thinking I may have just bought an overly sweet batch. They were Romas.

Any advice or is everyone else's coming out pretty sweet as well?

Thanks for the step by step!

Comment

tagged!

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
            Made this recipe last week. Good stuff but have one question...it sure is sweet to the taste. I didn't taste the tomatoes before blending them, but I'm thinking I may have just bought an overly sweet batch. They were Romas.

Any advice or is everyone else's coming out pretty sweet as well?

Thanks for the step by step!
            The taste from this recipe starts off sweet, then the heat builds. I use San Marzano tomatoes if my garden produces enough. They taste even sweeter than the Romas. If it's too sweet for you, leave the sugar out, or throw in some more peppers! I'd add more peppers!

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
              My grandmother didn't water bath at all. Put hot mixture into hot jars and turned upside down on the counter. Didn't hurt us
              Exactly what I have been shown as well

Comment

ttt.
                will be trying soon

Comment

Going to have to try this. How much do you fill the cans? Can you run into a problem by over or unde filling them??

Comment

Tagged, this is awesome stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Going to have to try this. How much do you fill the cans? Can you run into a problem by over or unde filling them??

I fill the jars to within 1/2 inch of the top.
                      Over or underfilling will not cause a problem as far as I know. Just keep it close and you should be good.

Comment

It's getting close to that time again.
                        Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                          It's getting close to that time again.
                          Bump!
                          I just told my wife yesterday that it's about to be salsa time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep it's that time again ...... Gonna make a double batch, this is the best recipe I have tried, everyone loves it around my house

Comment

Work and remodeling has me way too busy these days.
                              I put up 24 quarts last week. I thought I'd save time by cutting up everything on one day and processing it the next. I put all the cut up veggies and tomatoes in the refrigerator. Bad move!!! It took two extra hours the next day to get it simmering. It took a lot longer that way. I sure won't make that error again!

Comment

I'm in for the recipe later

Comment

Working...
                                X