British Bangers Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Bangers Sausage

I just got a new sausage stuffer (Haaka 15lbs) and decided to make Hank Shaw's British Bangers. The stuffer worked awesome and casing it was a breeze. I'll soon be making the classic banger and mash with these links. For anyone looking for the recipe it's posted below.

A recipe for making English bangers sausage at home. This version of bangers is based on an English sausage from Gloucester.
    Attached Files

Looks good. Looks like a nice stuffed as well

Comment

That looks incredible! I want to do this someday as well.
      Let us know how they taste.

Comment

I have yet to make bangers and mash but i tried one yesterday for lunch and it was really good. It almost reminds me of breakfast sausage but you can taste the mace in it which gives it a unique flavor.

Comment

Looks real good. I grew up in the UK and loved some bangers and mash. No one can beat America for smoked sausages but when it comes to fresh sausage, Europe and the UK has everyone beat hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Looks real good. I grew up in the UK and loved some bangers and mash. No one can beat America for smoked sausages but when it comes to fresh sausage, Europe and the UK has everyone beat hands down.

J Sweet, Iv never eaten bangers and mash before, so i'm not sure if texture is right. I started off grinding with #10 plate then put them through a #6 plate. I then handed mixed the oats and beer. The texture is almost like a hot dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
              J Sweet, Iv never eaten bangers and mash before, so i'm not sure if texture is right. I started off grinding with #10 plate then put them through a #6 plate. I then handed mixed the oats and beer. The texture is almost like a hot dog.
              It depends what you like. The ones I like the best were more coarse ground than emulsified. Kind of like Johnsonville brat consistency. I only like emulsified sausage in Kielbasas, sometimes brats and definitely for white sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                It depends what you like. The ones I like the best were more coarse ground than emulsified. Kind of like Johnsonville brat consistency. I only like emulsified sausage in Kielbasas, sometimes brats and definitely for white sausage.
                Oh ok. Yea the recipe i followed said to mix until emulsified but i wasn't sure if that is how they are supposed to be. I don't mind the texture but i prefer course ground sausages.

Comment

I was getting ready to make some brats but maybe now after seeing this I will do half bangers half brats.

Comment

Been a long time since I had Bangers and Mash. My aunt, long since dead, met my uncle when he was stationed in England with the 8th Air Force during WWII. She delighted in cooking English recipes.

Comment

Working...
                    X