No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gracie got her first track of the year with me this past Saturday... No blood found other than on the arrow.. She did great and I have to give a shout out to k9trainer on her foundation of great skillsClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413848707.587533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	24338635

Comment

Originally posted by BoWayne View Post
      Gracie got her first track of the year with me this past Saturday... No blood found other than on the arrow.. She did great and I have to give a shout out to k9trainer on her foundation of great skills[ATTACH]662603[/ATTACH]

Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        did it work? I was thinking about doing that with the tractor
        Yes and no....
        She worked the track but I could tell she new something was wrong with the whole deal.

Comment

Comment

4 month old Jack Russell's first track a success!

I bought Scout from Lovemylegacy on the forum when she was 7 weeks old. We have been working on mock trails with pig blood since that time. At 4 months old she is one the smartest dogs I've ever been around. We have hunted hard since the season opened and really looking forward to her first tracking job. Its been a tough season so far but last Friday my son Hunter finally sealed the deal with a young spike that had an injury to his back leg. (looks like he may have been hung in a fence). Well, we put Scout down at the bloody arrow and she immediately took interest and started getting excited. We lead her in the direction the deer ran and about 15 yards into the track it was obvious she was ON! The blood trail was steady but NOT one that a blind man could follow. After 120 yards she found her prize. She was so excited but I really think I was more excited. Once she got on the blood trail she never got off of it. I cant wait to get her on another trail.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	scouts 1st deer.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24339753

Comment

Congrats on all of the recoveries fellas!

Glad to see so many folks with tracking dogs.

Comment

Hunter Todd! Glad Scout is doing good. Thats awesome.

Comment

So many good tracking dogs on here.

Comment

It's addicting.

Comment

For sure no better pleasure than watching your dog work, grow, and get better

Comment

2nd this year

Diamond got her 2nd this year. The hunter had already located and gutted the deer but on our lease we give here as much work as we can. About a 80 yd track good blood a shot site but some times spotty. She lost the trail twice but was back on in nothing flat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-24 robert shrunk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24341484

I love working with my tracker.

P.S. I know I look rough but I always try to change out of my camo so I don't get dog smell on it.

Comment

Congrats, pyrobow!! I know how rewarding it is to see the time and effort you spent training finally pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                            I bought Scout from Lovemylegacy on the forum when she was 7 weeks old. We have been working on mock trails with pig blood since that time. At 4 months old she is one the smartest dogs I've ever been around. We have hunted hard since the season opened and really looking forward to her first tracking job. Its been a tough season so far but last Friday my son Hunter finally sealed the deal with a young spike that had an injury to his back leg. (looks like he may have been hung in a fence). Well, we put Scout down at the bloody arrow and she immediately took interest and started getting excited. We lead her in the direction the deer ran and about 15 yards into the track it was obvious she was ON! The blood trail was steady but NOT one that a blind man could follow. After 120 yards she found her prize. She was so excited but I really think I was more excited. Once she got on the blood trail she never got off of it. I cant wait to get her on another trail.

[ATTACH]664625[/ATTACH]

Todd, what breed is that? Jack Russel?

Comment

I'm new to TBH but I love bow hunting and tracking dogs so I'm looking forward to conversing with all of you.

Comment

This is Sadie. She's a Lacy and will be 2 years old this January. I put her on over 40 mock blood trails before she was 9 months old. She recovered 6 of 6 deer last year but only 1 of those was somewhat challenging. The other 5 most likely could have been recovered without a dog but they were great practice. She has recovered 2 of 4 this year. The two she didn't find this year were very likely not dead and my goal for Sadie is to run her off lead so she can bay the wounded but still alive deer.

Last year. First ever recovery.

Gut shot buck from last year.

Sadie at about 6 weeks old.

At the end of a mock trail this past summer.

Chillin at home.

Gut shot buck recovered for a guy this year.

Video of Sadie on her 10th mock trail. I drug a hide for probably 75% of the trail and dripped blood for the remainder. Trail is approximately 250-300 yards long. Sadie was 9 weeks old.

Comment

Working...
                                X