No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to pick it back up again. Quit going to the gym when I got the new job. Bouncing around from job to job makes it difficult to get a gym membership that requires a year long contract, which seems like most around here.

Comment

In to improve my fitness!! Hoping to drop a few more fat pounds and add some strength. My main focus will be on improving flexibility, core strength and cardio endurance. Got to get back on Keto to make it happen. Best of luck to all burning those calories

Comment

I'm in. Started light yesterday to get back in the groove. The wife bought me a sled for Xmas so excited to get to use it.

Comment

I'm in Finally got the construction done in the house and everything moved out of the barn were I work out. Ready to get back on the train. I have been off for about 2.5 months but I think it should come back pretty easy, hopefully!

I'm about 280lbs right now and would love to drop down to about 220lbs I'm 6ft with a wide frame. Lets put it this way in high school when I wrestled and weighed about 190 at 6ft I still wore a 36 in pants... and I only wear a 38 now being almost 100 pounds heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            In to improve my fitness!! Hoping to drop a few more fat pounds and add some strength. My main focus will be on improving flexibility, core strength and cardio endurance. Got to get back on Keto to make it happen. Best of luck to all burning those calories
            Keto started back up today as well.

Workout will either be Mark Bells Jacked and Tan or Brian Alsruhes Chest/Back supersets. Leaning toward Alsruhes for now. I’ll be alternating each program and melding them to make my own. Now go get some!

Current weight as of yesterday is a bloated 292. Goal 240 with a possible push to 230 ish. 6’4” and sitting around 28% body fat.

Comment

Starting the year with a 255 max on Bench and 205 max on Incline

Hopefully I can come back and quote this in December with better numbers

Edit: and 233 on the scale so that number should go down hopefully....
              Last edited by 150class; 01-02-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I'm in on this one - I'm in my 30s and a bit overweight 5'9" appx #185, but the real issue is lack of agility, limberness, easily winded and joint pains when I do exercise. I've sat behind a desk for 9 hours a day for the past 12 years and it has not done me well.

I joined a men's soccer league this past fall and made it to 1 practice and 1 game, where I pushed so hard that my knees hurt for 4 weeks, as in I could barely walk and definitely couldn't run.

I bought a treadmill on impulse yesterday, mostly because it has the ability to link the video to iPad and you can walk/jog anywhere in the world with a trainer. basically, someone went on a hike/run/walk in remote trails on beach/jungle/Paris/mountains etc and were followed with a video camera, you essentially watch the video and it goes at your pace through the trail.

I'll be a world traveler and lose weight in my own home

wife and i are doing it together! will post my official weight on the scale later tonight.

Comment

Tons of new faces in the gym. While it’s annoying to wait on machines hopefully they stick it out throughout the year

Just workout at different times then me lol

Comment

Day 1 is in the books. Work out was 4x8

BB Row/Hammer Strength Incline
                    Single are cable row/Hammer Strength Decline
                    Lay pull downs/Cable Flys

Endurance was pathetic. Attempted 90 sec rest in between sets. Some were longer and some shorter. Abs are sore from yesterday. Shoulder issues still are irritating and I misplaced my elbow sleeves. Going to have to buy another pair. Tomorrow is squats. I’m not going to worry about weight lifted. That’s the psychological part that really gets to me the most. Let’s do this and keep this ***** kicking train going!

Comment

I’m in!! Husband and I are starting The Whole 30 Program February 1! Also planning to get a solid workout routine! Really wanting to lose weight this year and make it a lifestyle! Best of luck with your goals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Tons of new faces in the gym. While it’s annoying to wait on machines hopefully they stick it out throughout the year

Just workout at different times then me lol

We used to call them Resolutioners at the gym I worked at. They won't stick with it for the most part. One or two might, but the rest will quit after 3 months, max.

Comment

New Years workout? I thought this was about 12 ounce curls. Fortunately or unfortunately I lost about 40 pounds due to an illness.2018 will be about maintaining that weight loss.

Comment

I have got to do something to help my hbp and diabetes. I'm 5'6" 265#. I got down to 252# when I found out I was diabetic but thanksgiving and Christmas killed me. got to start back eating right and exercising. I will be ding it at home in the evenings with dumbbells and jump rope.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                              I have got to do something to help my hbp and diabetes. I'm 5'6" 265#. I got down to 252# when I found out I was diabetic but thanksgiving and Christmas killed me. got to start back eating right and exercising. I will be ding it at home in the evenings with dumbbells and jump rope.
                              Sambo, look in to the Ketogenic diet. It’ll help you get off your diabetes meds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                I've been jogging or bike riding about 4 times per week since the first of December. Made it on a 2 mile jog day before yesterday. This cold weather sucks without the proper gear!
                                Yes, yes it does.

Best tip I can give you for riding/running in cold/windy weather (always windy on a bike) is to get a thin wind proof vest. Was the best, most important unique article of clothing I used when dealing with cold weather. In a pinch, when I was racing bicycles, I'd take a grocery bag and put my arms through the handles and let the plastic sit on my chest between two layers. would keep the wind off my core... and would be pretty warm... if I got too hot, I could rip it off. I used to focus a lot on leg warmers, gloves, hat, face masks, etc... and would still be cold... if you can't keep the pump house warm... the rest is somewhat useless. After I learned that little trick, it didn't seem as necessary to invest a lot of money into those other things... because you just didn't need to get all fancy... just needed to be able to layer.

Comment

Working...
                                X