No announcement yet.

308 bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to try a few I think k I have about a box of Hornady and speer boat tail soft points I could sell and save a few bucks?

I ended up with sgk for my rifle

Comment

I'm having issues this year with Hornady sp. My son shot 2 deer and they both blew up on the shoulder . One I had to finish off 6hrs later, It never even went into to the chest cavity.
      Savage 308
      150grn SP
      45grns of Varget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

165 nbt

Comment

What is that hole in the chest. Sure looks like the entrance and the shoulder looks like the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
            150 grain or 165 grain Nosler partition! Hands down my favorite!

Very very wise

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              What is that hole in the chest. Sure looks like the entrance and the shoulder looks like the exit.

The one behind the shoulder is the shot I finished him with about 5hrs later when I saw him walking down a fence line. The shot in the shoulder is the one where the bullet blew up on his shoulder .

Comment

Wow ive been shooting interlocks for 55 years and have never seen anything like that.

Comment

I've shot the boat tails and had no issues. These particular box came direct from Hornady from buying a press.

Comment

180 grain SST's are my go to hunting round.

Comment

Barnes TSX,/TTSX, Berger VLDH, Hornady ELDX

Comment

Currently loading the Hornady 150gr SP. They shoot .3 MOA out of my boys Rem700 with 20" tactical barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                          Currently loading the Hornady 150gr SP. They shoot .3 MOA out of my boys Rem700 with 20" tactical barrel.
                          is that a 1:10 twist in that 20" barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            is that a 1:10 twist in that 20" barrel?
                            Yes sir. Barrel is marked "Tactical". 20" heavy tube. Simply a wicked shooting machine. It shot sub .75 MOA with cast boolits too.

Comment

150 grain nosler accubonds. I handloaded 130 grain barnes ttsx. 3000 fps. Wanted to try them on hogs behind the shoulder before trying them on deer. Shot 2 hogs behind the shoulder at less than 100 yards. Both hogs dropped, layed there for over a minute, jumped up and ran off. No blood whatsoever. Never found either of them. I found out later that the bullets are very hard and you have to shoot through heavy none to get the bullet to expand. I dont shoot deer through the shoulders so I was disappointed with the results I had on the hogs. I killed a 150 inch deer with a 110 Accubond out of my .25-06. The bullet was super accurate and performed flawlessly. The 150 grain in a .308 will shoot a little flatter than the 165 grain. That's what I would recommend.

Comment

150 grain Core/Lokts by Gawd!!!!!![emoji1417]

Comment

Working...
                                X