Pension plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKK View Post
    Nice dodge of the question - but you were giving pension advice earlier? You should have known that answer off the top of you head -

Careful giving advice in areas you nothing of - and you clearly do post just for the sake of arguement - stick to bitcoin advice
    tell me more about those reliable pension plans.....

The answer is that it doesn't matter what type of benefit option exists, the plan is the root of the problem.

and I'll challenge you to find one Bitcoin post that I've ever made, (aside from telling the enthusiasts not to do it)

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

The answer is that it doesn't matter what type of benefit option exists, the plan is the root of the problem.

and I'll challenge you to find one Bitcoin post that I've ever made, (aside from telling the enthusiasts not to do it)
      You dodge answering questions very well - as stated before - my plan and many, many others are very well funded and have and will pay very nice monthly pension checks for years and years to come -

again you speak about something you truly know nothing about - you are an insurance adjuster giving advice to people about pensions??

I am done because you are a waste of breath - but you go ahead and get the last word in as it is clear you are the type that will have to do so because you cannot help yourself - goodnight
      Last edited by TKK; 04-07-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        What do you consider a good LOW-RISK mutual fund that would provide better growth than pension plans?
        Fidelity fund. Fidelity low price stock fund.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
          Fidelity fund. Fidelity low price stock fund.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
          That's one decent midcap fund, but I would not consider it a low-risk fund. Make sure you are diversified in other sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            If mine pays as its written I’m very happy with my investment. I’ll retire in a few years and not scared at all with what my salary will be. I’ll get term life for 10 years
            I'm sure yours will be fine.

So, Glen's pension plan is fine, but all others suck? Come on, Rod; give it up! You, as I have pointed out before, cannot paint all situations with one brush! Without knowing the particulars of Glen's plan, you tell him his plan will be okay, but other plans are mismanaged! Stick with what you are an expert at and quit offering advice to folks without the specific knowledge of that plan and the requisite edumacation and experience on areas that you know enough to be dangerous in!
            Last edited by Burnadell; 04-07-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

You dodge answering questions very well - as stated before - my plan and many, many others are very well funded and have and will pay very nice monthly pension checks for years and years to come -

again you speak about something you truly know nothing about - you are an insurance adjuster giving advice to people about pensions??

I am done because you are a waste of breath - but you go ahead and get the last word in as it is clear you are the type that will have to do so because you cannot help yourself - goodnight
              Thanks for the permission slip.....

Yes, I have a lot of information about failed pension plans.

I watched a huge company that my dad worked for his whole life **** the pants off of their employees because they listened to idiots like you that claimed to know what they were doing.

It wasn't the employees that screwed it up, it was the so-called experts, the guys that "do it for a living"

Have you looked back at page 1 yet?

Are all those people just lying about being screwed by their pension plan?

Comment

So, Glen's pension plan is fine, but all others suck? Come on, Rod; give it up! You, as I have pointed out before, cannot paint all situations with one brush! Without knowing the particulars of Glen's plan, you tell him his plan will be okay, but other plans are mismanaged! Stick with what you are an expert at and quit offering advice to folks without the specific knowledge of that plan and the requisite edumacation and experience on areas that you know enough to be dangerous in!
                I see in your eagerness to avoid addressing your earlier blunder, you are trying to make up by overcompensating.....

you wanna go back and quote the whole post now?

I'm not offering Glen advice, it was simply a reassuring comment.

If you'll read back, you'll see that I said earlier you would have to look at the numbers to decide.

And sure, anyone should seek qualified advice
                (i.e. -- not from uncle Randy after he's had a few too many drinks on a saturday night. )

Comment

the world changed - I am 65 and our world and our parents was a pension - guaranteed income for you and your spouses life. Now the corporations all have gone to 401k match - massive difference. Bottom line? YOU now are in charge of your retirement income - not your employer.

I am fortunate that I was old enough to have the pension - however, my company offered the "cash" option or the pension. The cash sure looked inviting - take the money and invest it myself - big old lump sum of money. Tempting.

The companies offer that for a reason - they do not want you to select the pension because it cost them way more. So they dangle the carrot of cash.

If you do the math you will find that not many (if anything) can beat a guaranteed pension payout for two lifetimes (assuming you are married).

My wife's family tends to live a long time - her great grandma to 106 and her grandma to 99. Her Mom is 88 and looks like she is 60. My family history is not bad either - so chances are my employer will be paying six digits for many many years.

So anyone who gets an offer of cash versus pension? Think carefully before you take a cash buy out
                  My Dad passed in 98 & that's exactly what the Railroad tried with my Mom, a large cash pay out but we declined. Twenty years later Mom (@ 91) is still receiving Dad's pension

Comment

I see in your eagerness to avoid addressing your earlier blunder, you are trying to make up by overcompensating.....

If you'll read back, you'll see that I said earlier you would have to look at the numbers to decide.

(i.e. -- not from uncle Randy after he's had a few too many drinks on a saturday night. )
                    I've only had 5. Or was that 8? It's easy to lose count watching a movie and trying to referee the advice columns.

Comment

This has become quite the pizzin' match.

Just an observation but usually it's the companies and entities that continue to pay folks that no longer work for them that end up with their hand out to the taxpayer to right the ship. I watched the Dallas Police and Fire pension system fund real estate deals that every bank in town turned down for financing. No surprise there that they are in the toilet.

Comment

Wait. What? Blunder? Please point it out!

Comment

Wait. What? Blunder? Please point it out!
                          Seriously? Self-employed do not have 401k plans.
                          gotta do this to help you find it?

Push the button -- "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I'm self-employed and I have two 401k plans.

Would you like to retract your earlier statement that you conveniently forgot about making?

Comment

Seriously? Self-employed do not have 401k plans.
                            also, since you are giving saturday night online investment advice,
                            here's what these folks say about it as well....

but they probably don't know what they are talking about either.....

Get answers to commonly asked questions about One Participant 401(k) plans (also known as Solo 401(k), Solo-k, Uni-k and One-participant k).

Comment

gotta do this to help you find it?

Push the button -- "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I'm self-employed and I have two 401k plans.

Would you like to retract your earlier statement that you conveniently forgot about making?
                              Seriously? Who is the sponsor of those 401k plans? I have NEVER heard of a 401k plan for a single employee/employer. That is not very economical! A SEP plan is what most self employed, without many employees, use. Please explain my blunder.

Comment

also, since you are giving saturday night online investment advice,
                                here's what these folks say about it as well....

but they probably don't know what they are talking about either.....

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans...ant-401k-plans
                                I have not given ONE piece of advice. I cannot, nor would I on a forum. I just hate non qualified folks giving advice o a blanket basis without being qualified.

Comment

Working...
                                X