No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know everyone gonna be checking there status tomorrow hopefully they don't make us wait till Monday

Comment

Well here we go again. A big part of me knows they're not gonna pick until Monday, but every time my phone dings with an email I'm gonna check it with anticipation.

Comment

The ole lady drew a jd murhpree gator tag and I just called the WMA to make sure I would be able to go w her to help her and he said no unless I had my own tag.... but you can not apply together for that tag so I call bs... kinda mad right now

Comment

Originally posted by setx View Post
          The ole lady drew a jd murhpree gator tag and I just called the WMA to make sure I would be able to go w her to help her and he said no unless I had my own tag.... but you can not apply together for that tag so I call bs... kinda mad right now
          You could have applied together, up to four people allowed per app this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post
            So it will show 2nd draw if you don't draw, and what will it show if you do draw on the check status page?

Also, does applying as a group help at all with odds? Thanks.
            its says WON and then there is a link under the Permit# to click on to pay for the permit.

Comment

You should have put both of you on the same application. I always apply with my Dad, wife, and myself on every application. We were all drawn for JD Murphree.

Comment

Their rules, stop your cry'in

Comment

Technically, it's public land. So I'm not sure how they can prevent a non-hunter from "visiting" the WMA, but I don't think it's an argument you can win. There may be some other people on TBH that are going on those dates. Might check and see if she can hunt with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Their rules, stop your cry'in
                    Comments like these are not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                      Technically, it's public land. So I'm not sure how they can prevent a non-hunter from "visiting" the WMA, but I don't think it's an argument you can win.
                      Most WMA will post Closed dates to the public while hunts take place.

Comment

Technically, it's public land. So I'm not sure how they can prevent a non-hunter from "visiting" the WMA, but I don't think it's an argument you can win. There may be some other people on TBH that are going on those dates. Might check and see if she can hunt with them.
                        Actually they can because the State has the right / authority to close the area, so a person can and likely would be charged with Criminal Trespass if they decided to "visit", when told otherwise.

Comment

Sometimes they will pair up hunters that hunting alone. They have tried to do that to me on a couple of hunts, but I told them I didn't want to. A lot of time they will just give you a smaller hunt compartment. Sometimes they will split up a hunt compartment if people don't want to pair up with someone they don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
                            Actually they can because the State has the right / authority to close the area, so a person can and likely would be charged with Criminal Trespass if they decided to "visit", when told otherwise.
                            Yep.

Comment

I usually apply with 2 other guys who have way fewer points than me. This year im solo, and will get full use of my 16 points in Exotic.

C'mon Devil's River!

Or Palo Duro, where they now make you apply with another person.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
                                He first has to physical be on the property, told to leave, and then refuse before being charged. That's assuming the whole area is closed.

It's public property, and you cannot trespass unless you are on the property and told to leave by someone with the authority to order you to.

Comment

Working...
                                X