GoFundMe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I'd be okay with someone asking for cash donations to go towards their wedding in place of gifts.
    Had some people I know ask for that for their honeymoon. I'm totally ok with that, as I've found trips/experiences to be better gifts than more junk that gets stacked up, or thrown out. Asking strangers for it is a different story though.
    Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 12-13-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I just found out a guy I helped after Harvey had a $8K Gofundme account. Things I miss by not being on FB. A friend and I worked 2 days at his house without his help. Busted our butts drilling up hardwood floors. $500K+ house, kept his nanny and just paid $2K to have Christmas lights installed. Some people.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
        What does tithing 10% and helping a need vs giving to fund someone's vacation?
        I believe the theory was that if the people posting the GFM's would tithe 10% to their local church, God would meet their needs (not wants) and they wouldn't need GFM in the first place. If that is correct, I agree, and have many stories to prove it.

Comment

Young lady lost her front tooth in a horrific animal attack.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

PLEASE READ.* I recently lost my job due to the company cutting back and unfortunately our rescue dog (a Olde English Bulldogge) accidentally head bunted me yesterday and I lost my front tooth because of it. *My mother barely makes it herself so unfortunately she can't help me. I have no way of getting the money to get it fix and I just want to smile again. Please please..anything helps. *I'm a hard working tennis instructor who has always helped others and never thought I would have no where to turn for help myself. A smile can help change my life not only emotionally but for health reasons.* I'm worried because my gums are swelling and now I talk looking down and trying to hide my smile from* others.* I'm ashamed and have no where to turn for help.*

Read Latest Update

Comment

This guy will die if he does not get a treadmill

A little back story... A couple years ago, I was pretty depressed. Nothing seemed to be going rig… J Allen R Day needs your support for Get Me Out of the Cold

My dear friends and family, I am cold and weary. I need a treadmill. My son needs me to have a treadmill. My girlfriend needs me to have a treadmill. My employer needs me to have a treadmill. Without a treadmill, I will die. (Or be overwhelmed by the logistics of trying to run in the middle of winter.)

I am asking you to help me out. If you can afford it and would love for me to be the safest, healthiest, happiest, sanest version of myself, please contribute to my treadmill fund.*

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I have no problem giving to those in NEED.
              I have no desire to give to those in WANT.
              Yes sir! It's amazing how many people don't understand the difference between those two.

Comment

Agreed I feel the same way. They’re everywhere on social media and sadly most are for petty stuff. When I first got diagnosed my coworker made me one via Facebook. It made me feel weird cause I’ve never needed nor asked for help like that before. At the same time it was pretty dang motivating knowing I had a larger support group than what I thought. That money went straight to my insurance and initial medical bills. I will forever be thankful for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I have no problem giving to those in NEED.
                  I have no desire to give to those in WANT.
                  Well I NEED a new boat, so feel free to send me some money 😂

Seriously tho, I agree wholeheartedly. There's a HUGE difference...I've donated plenty to GFM accounts for those in need, I ain't giving one red cent to someone who posts for wants

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    I just found out a guy I helped after Harvey had a $8K Gofundme account. Things I miss by not being on FB. A friend and I worked 2 days at his house without his help. Busted our butts drilling up hardwood floors. $500K+ house, kept his nanny and just paid $2K to have Christmas lights installed. Some people.
                    My wife and I started a GFM for Harvey, but we hand delivered and used on people's homes all supplies that were purchased with the money That really is horrible to hear that he did that. Harvey broke my heart and really gave me a new perspective on life.

Comment

Working...
                    X