No announcement yet.

GoFundMe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to know the people somehow to see these? Or are they sent out to everybody?

Comment

This one gets me every time!
      Get off FB or change friends non issue.

Comment

Consider today's culture of entitlement---none of this surprises me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post

This one gets me every time!
          Get off FB or change friends non issue.
          To clarify, I’m not on FB and I received these requests as an unwilling participant of a mass email blast.

Comment

It's even lazier than actually getting out and panhandling .

Comment

I have no problem giving to those in NEED.
              I have no desire to give to those in WANT.

Comment

The best one I saw was the guys family trying to collect money for the pos that broke in our house and robbed us so he could pay for a new trail. I didn't donate if your wondering because I had already donated about $12,000 of my stuff I actually worked for.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                  To clarify, I’m not on FB and I received these requests as an unwilling participant of a mass email blast.
                  Man you misread that from me. I was trying to be funny that’s why I posted the scene from The Jerk. They can all kiss my *** unless I know it’s legit.

Comment

Worthless people, no honor. No pride.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                      Do you tithe 10% to a or your church?
                      I'm not trying be "Preacher Man". OK?
                      If you really want to fund someone or something and "help" people?
                      I'm just sayin'.
                      God bless!
                      Semper Fi.
                      PS: I haven't been to church a handful of times in the last 13 years since our kids left the nest. We still tithe 10% of our gross and I'm good with that. My wife still goes to church on a semi-regular basis mainly Sunday school. I'm positive God has blessed us 10 fold for doing so and we are helping people that need help.
                      What does tithing 10% and helping a need vs giving to fund someone's vacation?

Comment

GoFundMe Question

What was the question?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Man you misread that from me. I was trying to be funny that’s why I posted the scene from The Jerk. They can all kiss my *** unless I know it’s legit.
                          I gotcha man. Thanks for clarifying.

I don’t hate you anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            What was the question?
                            I’m sorry, I thought the question mark gave it away.

What are your thoughts on the misuse/overuse of GoFundMe campaigns?

Comment

Worst one I saw was from a mom at the kid's elementary school. Since she took up running, her "dream" was to run a marathon in Europe. She needed help to fund her run in a marathon in Paris. They live in a half-million dollar house. What bothers me most is how crass some of these are. People solidly upper-middle-class by income level need help with luxuries. Get real.....

LWD

Comment

I have no problem with "go fund me's", however I do have a certain criteria for them.

1. They can't be started by the person receiving the $. If you're not enough of a friend to have one support you, you're not worth it.

2. You have to have done your due diligence to avoid the situation you were put in. Riding your motorcycle at 100 mph with no helmet or health/life insurance doesn't qualify. Your 4 year old daughter being diagnosed with leukemia does.

3. No pets. Sorry, but if you can't change your spending habits to fund the medicine or surgery, your dog can go to the great rainbow in the sky. I speak from a place where I'm not going to spend $5,000 for a knee replacement for my 11 year old lab. The time that the $30/month medicine keeps working is the time he has left. I'm not going to ask strangers to fund his continual suffering.

FWIW, I have contributed to several "Go fund me's" for people that met the above criteria, things like $5,000 to remove a kind and generous man's brain tumor in Peru, who is very good friends with a guy I know well.
                                Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 12-13-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X