GoFundMe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
    First, let me say that I have no problem with GoFundMe when used appropriately. Crowdfunding is a great concept and I think it is great for those who need it.

That said, below are a few GoFundMe requests I have received in the last few months...

- For vet bills (dog tore something in its leg)
    - For a down payment on a new home
    - For a senior trip
    - For an engagement ring
    - For plane tickets to go see best friend

I have no problem chipping in for needs/wants for friends and family but the volume of people who are using this tool to ask others to fund their lifestyle is just startling.

Thoughts?
    idiots IMO
    get out and work!!
    yes there are people that need help and I will be the first to help but the ones you listed I am not helping!!!

Comment

how about for a trophy hunt?

Comment

Going to start one for a new bay boat. Anyone who donates get a fishing trip, but they have to buy the fuel and beer.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only donate to ones that someone I know can vouch for the authenticity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How about directing them to a "GoJobMe" site.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Those are the online equivalent of setting up in front of Walmart and having your kids beg for donations to fund their sports teams and whatnot. Maybe if the kids spent all day mowing grass or washing cars or something instead of panhandling, they'd get the money they need and learn a better life lesson on where it comes from.

It's easy to ignore those requests.
              Exactly! We used to have to wash cars and such just to raise enough money to play all stars in our area. These kids will have signs like "help us go to Florida". Its just insane!

Comment

pure idiots.....some people have no class or shame!!!!

Heck no to all those

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                  Guy from my hometown set one up to pay for his wedding. No one donated any money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I wish i could shake the hand of every person who saw that GFM account and refused to send that dipwad a penny

Comment

just online panhandling is all it is.

Comment

So you are saying I shouldn't start a go fund me page for my aunts dog with a torn ACL? I'd like to do it just to see how many stupid people donate.

Comment

Do you tithe 10% to a or your church?
                        I'm not trying be "Preacher Man". OK?
                        If you really want to fund someone or something and "help" people?
                        I'm just sayin'.
                        God bless!
                        Semper Fi.
                        PS: I haven't been to church a handful of times in the last 13 years since our kids left the nest. We still tithe 10% of our gross and I'm good with that. My wife still goes to church on a semi-regular basis mainly Sunday school. I'm positive God has blessed us 10 fold for doing so and we are helping people that need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                          That's just plain greedy.

My gofundme is only for a management buck hunt

Comment

The GoFundMe concept is definitely being abused. Some of the ones I see make me want to throw up..

Comment

I'd be okay with someone asking for cash donations to go towards their wedding in place of gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                                I’ve seen it. There was one a couple years ago on Facebook wanting to go on a trophy elk hunt. It floated around for months and only made about $500 or so. I can’t remener what the sob story was.

Comment

Working...
                                X