What do you do in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    That's a storm surge that I want no part of.

There's only 2 seasons, Hunting & Fishing season.
    Season's? I thought the only two seasons in East Texas were salt and pepper?

Comment

Too close to LA, have to throw Tony's in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
        When deer season is over? Break out the spotlight! Just kidding (sort of....)

Time to switch gears and focus on fish! I'll be trying some new techniques and might even try my luck in a tournament or two. Got a camping trip to Toledo Bend in the makings. Never have fished that lake even though I live 30 minutes from it. Looking forward to that trip.

What's your fishing "season" looking like?
        Add Caddo Lake to your camping/fishing trip locations. There is nothing like it in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
          Add Caddo Lake to your camping/fishing trip locations. There is nothing like it in Texas.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001
          Been in East Texas for 11 years now. We made our first trip to Caddo Lake last summer and it beautiful. Went to Uncertain Texas which I had never heard of. Johnson's bait shop had a cold beer on the deck over looking the lake. Sure was nice.

Comment

I'm catching up on honey do projects I didn't get done during deer season. Have to get 4 new tires for the bay boat and put her in the shop and get the fuel filters changed out. Then may sell or trade it in on something a little smaller for the lakes and rivers. I'm ready to start filling the freezer with crappie and channel cats, or see if this is the year I can pull another ten pound bass out of Rayburn.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Meth

We do that in season as well.

At the lease I enjoy camping, fishing, predator hunting, shooting rabbits/squirrels and drinking too much beer!

Comment

Catch crappie, catch crappie, and catch crappie!!!

Comment

Fishin, campin, eatin, and relaxin!

Comment

Hog hunt and try to hit the sand bass run on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001
                      and that's the truth!! love caddo lake!

going to play more golf this year, shoot as many tournaments as i can, and start surf/shark fishing! thiss last year was nothing but work!

Comment

My Sister

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                          My Sister

Comment

Hit up the catfish. I need to buy a new boat, get the lanterns and hit up some night fishing. Hogs are moving around maybe I can get some time to hit em. Right now though I am trying to remodel my house and get ready to build a new one, so I may not be doing any of that this year.

Comment

Here's my 2016 fishing season schedule, which is what I follow pretty much each year, when I'm not working. And this scene is available, anywhere in Texas! Upper - middle and or lower coast for coastal action and lakes and rivers inland for freshwater action.

Camping on PINS and fishing.....everyone must do this once in their lifetime!

In 3 weeks, offshore for Yellowfin Tuna with a bunch of TBHr's, who hail from everywhere n Texas

Drum run in March and April - mixing with Specks and Reds in the Laguna Madre.

And a few hybrids in Calaveras during April

Then Snapper and Kings with a few TBHr's in May

Then June hits...it's PINS and rolling the sand in the 4x4 chasing opportunity before the shrimping season begins offshore...which pulls some of the action off the surfzone. Hoping to get another group of TBHr's on the sand of PINS during this trip.

Then it's Rockport to Port Mansfield....and maybe Matagorda Bay....for the summer action. Probably every other weekend or more till October.

With a few offshore summer trips for nearshore kingfish action with, State Water bonus action fish

And summer lake action making drifts to fill the frying pan, between trips to the coast.

Then we hit the fall......the Guadalupe for Largemouth in the kayak. It's still a bit hot for the deer blind during the day, nights are cooling down though and some of the Hill Country Rivers, it's the best time to chase green fish.

Then the draw is back to PINS for the fall migration

And then the new moon of October, as the fall really begins to kick in, another offshore run with TBHr's...which then repeats the cycle, and these scenes return again and again.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-19-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

deer season ends?

Comment

Working...
                                X