View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #59
horns07
Ten Point

Hunt In: SE New Mexico, Robert Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
I'd look at an 18mm or even a 14mm lens that is fairly fast like a 1.8f. These will allow you to film "arms length". The other thing to consider is getting away from auto focus/app settings on your cam. Get a manual lens and use the focus assist and then you'll be much happier with the results. The problem with 4k or even 2k is the sharpness that these cameras want. If you don't reach that then your image will suffer.

I just finished filming for a week with a high end show that we used the A7Sii and the gh4. I have to say the GH4 is much much better quality image. HOwever the A7 is much better at low light. But do you really need to film after dusk on a hunting show? If thats the case go buy Thermal. I'd set up lens on one camera for grab and go and then set up the other camera with different len. Also, look into some older Nikon glass, you will find some amazing glass for half the price.

The reason I'm sold on a DSLR so much is for the versatility. I really don't want to haul 2 cameras around while hunting. One to take pictures the other to video with. Most of my hunts will be either with someone or setup in a blind. So set up I don't think will be a problem. I should also say I'm like Michael all my stuff will be for my enjoyment and some YouTube stuff.

So for the big question if you had 1000-1200 to spend on a setup what would it be? I know that's not a lot for a good camera setup but it's what I will be working with. I've been looking at the Nikon 5600. But I'll be honest I'm not real familiar with the DSLR setup and what all you need to look for in a camera. This will be a learning step. Thanks for y alls help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horns07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top