Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for the family and all involved.

Comment

Prayers up for this family. That was a very bizarre event. Sorry I have much respect for the Blue Line. But one person locked in a room with a gun and a dog does not need an army of people to handle the situation. I hope the events of how this unfolds and the public is made aware so that lessons can be learned and protocols can be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
        Prayers up for this family. That was a very bizarre event. Sorry I have much respect for the Blue Line. But one person locked in a room with a gun and a dog does not need an army of people to handle the situation. I hope the events of how this unfolds and the public is made aware so that lessons can be learned and protocols can be adjusted.
        Agreed!!! This would be the BEST case scenario of all of this. I checked for other angles on this story but did not see anything. I am sure someone on TBH has better searching skills than I do however.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          Some departments are lacking in that area. It is deadly for the victims of the militant departments.
          My entire department is MHMR Peace Officer Certified. It took a few years, but we are all trained. Was on SWAT for a number of years and in all the barricaded suicide call out only about 5% ever went through the act with our presence there. Our negotiators and tactics are in place to help prevent the act not push the actor to commit the act.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
            My entire department is MHMR Peace Officer Certified. It took a few years, but we are all trained. Was on SWAT for a number of years and in all the barricaded suicide call out only about 5% ever went through the act with our presence there. Our negotiators and tactics are in place to help prevent the act not push the actor to commit the act.
            That's good to hear. Unfortunately, it sounds like the actor was pushed to commit the act in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              That's good to hear. Unfortunately, it sounds like the actor was pushed to commit the act in this case.
              And your assumptions are from this one news article?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                And your assumptions are from this one news article?
                Correct. I doubt the presence of SWAT and the number of vehicles on site was misinformation.

Comment

We can speculate all day on what could have happened to the son, the parents or the girlfriend the next day, etc.

What did happen was a HUGE show of force by police when it was not warranted and a dead son.

How much time does it take to gather information and assess the situation? As much time as needed if there is not a clear and present danger. You can have 30 cops there, but do they all really have to be seen. Cops, by nature, must be Reactive but this is Overreactive and a waste of resources at best. Whatever happened to killing sirens and lights a few blocks out and checking things out. He has a gun, we don't want him to use it, let's do the thing that puts the most people in harms way. Good decision.

Comment

Correct. I doubt the presence of SWAT and the number of vehicles on site was misinformation.
                    Hmmm interesting the trust put in one news article...

Comment

Hmmm interesting the trust put in one news article...
                      Do you think that the news article was lying about the amount of law enforcement on the scene?

Comment

Do you think that the news article was lying about the amount of law enforcement on the scene?
                        I think it was well sensationalized. I wouldn't use that one article as the complete basis for my take on the subject.

Comment

I think it was well sensationalized. I wouldn't use that one article as the complete basis for my take on the subject.
                          So you don't think there was the police presence that was reported?

Comment

"As police cars rolled into his pristine suburban neighborhood last Saturday night, past the sprawling Colonials and manicured lawns, and as dozens of officers from across the region surrounded his home,"

"And yet, more officers kept coming. Some wore camouflage and carried rifles. They set up bright lights to shine onto the house and drove a military-style vehicle into the backyard"

"By early Sunday morning, it was over, the rows of police vehicles departing all at once like a flock of birds startled into flight"

This sound like a "news" article you are basing your opinion off of???

Comment

"As police cars rolled into his pristine suburban neighborhood last Saturday night, past the sprawling Colonials and manicured lawns, and as dozens of officers from across the region surrounded his home,"

"And yet, more officers kept coming. Some wore camouflage and carried rifles. They set up bright lights to shine onto the house and drove a military-style vehicle into the backyard"

"By early Sunday morning, it was over, the rows of police vehicles departing all at once like a flock of birds startled into flight"

This sound like a "news" article you are basing your opinion off of???
                              I'm basing it off of the amount of police presence......including a Swat team. Do you, or do you not think the reporting is lying about the amount of police presence?

Comment

I don't see anything reported that says the number of police that responded. Just says a swat team and armored vehicle. I think with the report of someone with a gun and a threat made (going off your one article) that the response taken at face value doesn't seem extreme.

Talking hypotheticals here without any more info than the dreamy "news" article we have to go off of.

Comment

Working...
                                X