No announcement yet.

lymphoma cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up. rCHOP is a great chemo regime for lymphoma. My husband had t-cell lymphoma and is now considered a survivor and you will be too!

San Antonio has two great cancer centers (START and CTRC) so you are in good hands. I will say this, on CHOP, don't eat any of your favorite meals...they will never taste the same and you will never want to eat them again and also, take the anti-nausea medication even if you feel okay, at some point you wont and it will be too late.

If you or your family need anything, please feel free to reach out.

Comment

Prayers up for you brother.

Comment

Prayers sent up high!

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this and I will keep you in my prayers. As several people have mentioned already, a positive attitude is the only way to beat this and you sure seem to be on the right track there.

Reading your post I saw where you mentioned you haven't had a chance to hunt in the last several years, and that's just too long. I'd like to do something about that. A good friend and I, along with my dad and a few others (some of them TBHers) started a non-profit to take kids and young adults in your shoes on hunts. I'm not sure if your treatment schedule would allow you to do something soon, but we would like to take you on a trophy exotic hunt as soon as your schedule is open and you are feeling up to it. This will be at absolutely zero cost to you. We would just like to help you get your mind off what all is going on and have some fellowship with us at one of my ranches. There a couple of TBHers that we have done hunts for in the past for their kids and family that could chime in on what we do. If you want to PM me your phone number or call/text me any time, I would gladly get you info and get something scheduled. 806 206 3289. As I said, this won't cost you a dime. We cover all travel, hunt, meals/lodging, meat processing and taxidermy for you. You just come and have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
            Very sorry to hear about this and I will keep you in my prayers. As several people have mentioned already, a positive attitude is the only way to beat this and you sure seem to be on the right track there.

Reading your post I saw where you mentioned you haven't had a chance to hunt in the last several years, and that's just too long. I'd like to do something about that. A good friend and I, along with my dad and a few others (some of them TBHers) started a non-profit to take kids and young adults in your shoes on hunts. I'm not sure if your treatment schedule would allow you to do something soon, but we would like to take you on a trophy exotic hunt as soon as your schedule is open and you are feeling up to it. This will be at absolutely zero cost to you. We would just like to help you get your mind off what all is going on and have some fellowship with us at one of my ranches. There a couple of TBHers that we have done hunts for in the past for their kids and family that could chime in on what we do. If you want to PM me your phone number or call/text me any time, I would gladly get you info and get something scheduled. 806 206 3289. As I said, this won't cost you a dime. We cover all travel, hunt, meals/lodging, meat processing and taxidermy for you. You just come and have a good time.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

J-J..... excellent post... Love TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
                Prayers up. rCHOP is a great chemo regime for lymphoma. My husband had t-cell lymphoma and is now considered a survivor and you will be too!

San Antonio has two great cancer centers (START and CTRC) so you are in good hands. I will say this, on CHOP, don't eat any of your favorite meals...they will never taste the same and you will never want to eat them again and also, take the anti-nausea medication even if you feel okay, at some point you wont and it will be too late.

If you or your family need anything, please feel free to reach out.
                Thanks for this. Y'all are true warriors.

That's probly the part I hate most. I can't taste anything. 😞

Question did your husband get mouth sores or inflammation in his salivary glands? If so what did he use to cope? I've been doing the salt water baking soda rinse but it doesn't do anything to help my glands

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
                  I will say this my brother. God is still in the miracle business. In August my wife was diagnosed with Type II melanistic glyoma by 3 different docs. That's brain cancer. We had surgery and our follow up revealed that the mass was absolutely nothing!!! This at MD with the best. My advice is to lean into Him with everything you have. Find His Will!! If your life lasts 10 days or 100 years, let Him lead you and guide you.

At work a couple days ago, a family was stripped of a brother (4) and a mother fights serious injury. No day promises tomorrow. Nothing says your guaranteed today. When you turn it over to Him then at least you can be at peace.

Heavenly Father,
                  I ask that you be with this young man Lord. I ask that you lift him up and show Him your glory Lord. Father, I know you to answer prayer Lord. If it's Your Will Lord I ask for healing only you can give Lord. Heavenly Father, touch the tender places of this mans heart. Guide him, direct Him, and show him Your Will Lord. Give him comfort only you can Lord. Fill him with your love Lord. Anger, hurt, fear, anxiety, weakness, and pain Lord. We know you have an answer Lord. Give him joy, healing, boldness, peace, and strength Lord. We love you and praise you. Amen
                  So happy to hear your wife is ok. God does work miracles. I thank you so much for your time and prayer. You all give me so much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post

This is beyond anything I could ever ask for. my best buddy just asked me to be in his wedding and now waking up to this. It's my best day of the year so far. Thank you not only for your offer but for everyone that you have helped in the the past as well.

Comment

They gave my husband a medicated oral rinse for hin to use daily to keep the sores at bay and it worked very well. I believe it was peridex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                        I hate cancer. I love your attitude. Stay strong. Prayers sent.
                        +1 keep it up brother.

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                          This is beyond anything I could ever ask for. my best buddy just asked me to be in his wedding and now waking up to this. It's my best day of the year so far. Thank you not only for your offer but for everyone that you have helped in the the past as well.
                          We love doing it bud. Give me a call when you have some time and we'll work on details and when we can make it happen. Have a good one and I'll talk to you soon.

Comment

Ain't nothing but a thing Brandon. You and God will beat this thing. About 20 years ago one of my best friends was diagnosed with the same disease. He told me the treatments dang near killed him but he is just fine now. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                              Prayers for you and your family. The only thing I can say to count on is God and his blessings and his grace... Don't take your focus off looking to him. When times get hard, surround yourself with the ones that love you and can pray with you and love on you... My brother, ESP (here on TBH) is just now dealing with something similar. Maybe PM him and reach out to each other... Just a thought. Adding you to my prayer list..
                              I'd like to reach out to him. Let him know we are not fighting alone. 🙏🏻

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                                I'd like to reach out to him. Let him know we are not fighting alone. 🙏🏻
                                Also, his oncologist did say there was something she could prescribe if he got the mouth sores. I have sent him and his wife a text asking him what the doctor called it. Will report to you. Be strong and stay in prayer...

I will PM you and share his cell phone number and his name. Angie

Comment

Working...
                                X