Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall make me feel good about my mailman. I can't think of any issues we've had

Comment

Hell i have better luck with the USPS than anyone else. Always faster and cheaper than UPS, and UPS has broken 2 bows that were coming to me. So far USPS is %100

Comment

Originally posted by J McCoy View Post
        Whole lot of opinions and lots of misinformation in this thread.

USPS is self funded. ZERO tax dollars at work here.

Congress passed legislation that said they had to self fund retirements for 75 years. Which is why they have been operating in the red ever since that passed.

Amazon has put a huge strain on USPS resources since they made them take a deal to deliver last mile legs of delivery.

They also lose money on amazon deliveries.

Your mail carriers did not receive any compensation for having to carry and process additional packages brought on by the amazon deal.

Every piece of mail or package that is at your local post office gets delivered same day, unless it comes in after all of the carriers leave for routes. Then it goes the next day unless it's a priority package that's guaranteed by a certain time and date.

All incoming mail goes from your box to your local post office and is loaded on a truck by 5pm every day and taken to the local distribution hub where it is either processed locally, or sent to another main hub, and processed again by mail handlers. Mail is moved all over the country 24/7 at the processing facilities.

Now, because of the large human element involved with moving things all over the place, sometimes you'll see delays due to various circumstances such as misplaced, mis-sent, or re-routed parcels or pieces of mail based on how it was sorted or handled at the sorting facilities.

Not all postal districts are created equal. Some post offices are operated like it's the wild west (your local postmaster is the problem here) Leadership starts at the top. This is the exception, not the norm.

Comment

I feel you. Been waiting on broad heads for 7 days.
          Attached Files

Comment

Had documents sent priority USPS from Hawaii on Friday. Arrived today, on time!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

The USPS is poorly run because it is a government agency with no accountability. Unions don't help either.

Comment

I ordered a piece of trim molding for my wife's car, came Friday (USPS) in a box that says fragile all over it. The box was pretty crunched so I opened it and the piece was snapped in half. Now have to wait another week or more. A pain.

Comment

Our wedding invites had our return address in small font on the back of the envelopes. USPS ran them through their machine backwards and delivered them all back to our house. Since they were printed with a bar code across them every time we'd tried to mail them again they would be delivered back to our house.

I've had so many issues with them that if I'm ordering something and see it's being shipped USPS I won't order it

Comment

They send my passport to the wrong mailbox. Luckily it was an honest older lady from out church that knew me and hand delivered it unopened.... that cost a little more than a standard stamp

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      My usps delivers my amazon prime . Always 2 days late and won’t drop it at the house . Girl is to lazy to get her fat *** out of her Jeep. I have to drive to town to get my stuff
                      The lazy *** mail lady that comes by the house put a note in my mail box to pick my package up at the post office because it wouldn't fit in the box. Bad part is I was standing on the driveway and she couldn't be bothered to pull in and give it to me..

Comment

Took 2 weeks for a letter to get from Midland to Dallas. Pathetic!

Comment

Post office definitely has problems but ****, how many times do some of yall have to be told that they dont receive tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                            Union
                            Yup, not much difference between the Post Office and the DMV imo.

I’m convinced these employees are told to deliberately go slow so the public will demand they hire more clerks so the union can collect more dues for their coffers. Makes sense to me.
                            Last edited by tpcollins; 04-30-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

If you notice my screen name you would think I would know a bit about the situations. Can't help do your job even if I'm doing nothing cause I would get written up. Duhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                                The lazy *** mail lady that comes by the house put a note in my mail box to pick my package up at the post office because it wouldn't fit in the box. Bad part is I was standing on the driveway and she couldn't be bothered to pull in and give it to me..
                                In her defense, unless she knows you, you are just a stranger in a driveway.

Can you imagine how hacked you would be if you were trying to find your package and the delivery said they gave to the guy standing in the driveway because he looked like the homeowner?

Comment

Working...
                                X