GMC Denali vs Tahoe RST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    My wife has the same one, I think that thing has a corvette engine in it, it will fly, really like it.
    I love the 6.2L motor. Great sound and for a big vehicle, it gets up and goes.
    We ended up narrowing down to the Escalade and the Denali. We found the Denali compared well to the Escalade, where the Tahoes didn't compare (fit and finish) to either. Denali won over as it was $15K cheaper with almost the same fit and finish. Has less bells and whistled than the Escalade, but we didn't care much about them.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
      I have heard that it's incredibly smooth.
      Normal driving is seamless shifts & pulls very little rpms...get into it & it knows the optimal gear for the application. Ford & GM got a home run with the joint venture.

I think the lines on the rst are sharp.

Comment

We put a lot of miles on the 6.2 w/a Hypertek in wife's previous suv and Dad has the new Denali.

No complaints here.

Comment

GMC and Chevy are the same vehicles in the base models. Exactly the same. Uilt on the same line. GM outsells Ford.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have had both. You will pay more for the GMC badge.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              We have had both. You will pay more for the GMC badge.
              Hmmmm. I got way better service and a better price at the GMC dealer.

Comment

In most all cases the GMC will have a slightly higher msrp when comparing very similar builds against the Chevy equivalent...however, that doesn't mean you cannot get a better deal in some cases.

I would be curious to know how much off sticker these are going for.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  In most all cases the GMC will have a slightly higher msrp when comparing very similar builds against the Chevy equivalent...however, that doesn't mean you cannot get a better deal in some cases.

Any idea where I could find that info? I can google it, but figured you might know of a message board since you are a chevy/vette guy.

Comment

The GMC is a few dollars higher when comparing apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      Any idea where I could find that info? I can google it, but figured you might know of a message board since you are a chevy/vette guy.
                      I tried to like the vette, but it wasn't for me...I researched long & hard before I settled on the ZL1 Camaro. I just like well made vehicles in general & honestly not really brand loyal in any aspect. It is actually a really good time to be an enthusiast, especially in the high horse power / performance arena. Heck, Dodge/Jeep is making an AWD Grand Cherokee Trackhawk with a hellcat engine that can hang with the sportscars in the 1/4 mile. Yeah, it's currently gonna try to creep into 6 figures after the additional dealer mark up, but still!! Crazy.

Not to be a wise guy but 'sorta' common knowledge that GMC trucks & SUV's are a little higher when comparing equivalents. It has a few more bells & whistles that are really more subjective vs. being worth the extra IMO. We ended up with a 15 Tahoe when we went looking and it was really based more on the looks of the exterior vs any difference in price point. If I were you, I would simply pick on what is more appealing & blows your skirt up.

The front end alone (subjective) has me picking the Chevy & sorta surprised when you said you found a great deal on the SRT. I assumed they were still driving a bit of a premium due to demand??

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                        Just got an 2018 Yukon Denali. Love the thing. No experience with the RST, we didn't drive it. We drove the Tahoe LTZ and didn't like it nearly as much as the Denali. We felt the Tahoe was a little "plasticy" if that makes sense at all.

J
                        My wife has had the Tahoe and now the Denali. The GMC is way more nicer and I almost considered the 6.2 in a truck. The Denali has a much better ride than the Tahoe did too

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Hmmmm. I got way better service and a better price at the GMC dealer.

My wife did too

Comment

Tina just got her 3rd Yukon Denali. She loves them.

Comment

I bought a new Denali truck last month and got 17k off the sticker. I have drove many chevys but the last three have been GMC and won't go back to the chevy. Different ride and a lot quieter. My two cents

Comment

I tried to like the vette, but it wasn't for me...I researched long & hard before I settled on the ZL1 Camaro. I just like well made vehicles in general & honestly not really brand loyal in any aspect. It is actually a really good time to be an enthusiast, especially in the high horse power / performance arena. Heck, Dodge/Jeep is making an AWD Grand Cherokee Trackhawk with a hellcat engine that can hang with the sportscars in the 1/4 mile. Yeah, it's currently gonna try to creep into 6 figures after the additional dealer mark up, but still!! Crazy.

Not to be a wise guy but 'sorta' common knowledge that GMC trucks & SUV's are a little higher when comparing equivalents. It has a few more bells & whistles that are really more subjective vs. being worth the extra IMO. We ended up with a 15 Tahoe when we went looking and it was really based more on the looks of the exterior vs any difference in price point. If I were you, I would simply pick on what is more appealing & blows your skirt up.

The front end alone (subjective) has me picking the Chevy & sorta surprised when you said you found a great deal on the SRT. I assumed they were still driving a bit of a premium due to demand??
                                It's subjective. Compared to normal price off of msrp for a car, it isn't anything groundbreaking. It's just a good price for that particular car. I'll PM you.

Comment

Working...
                                X