No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the championship tomorrow at 1020, most likely will be the Nitro, it's a double elimination tourney so we just need to take care of business first thing and not worry about game 2.

Things got a little salty in the last game today, due to limited shade myself and another dad ended up on the other teams "side" and they didn't like it too much. They made a point to tell us after the game that we shouldn't have been over there, there were a lot of thumbs ups and yeah okays....

What they did is give me a dilemma.... if they make it to us tomorrow, which side do I choose...

Comment

Thats just silly....and ridiculous..
      Too stupid hot to be territorial at a kids ball game...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        We have the championship tomorrow at 1020, most likely will be the Nitro, it's a double elimination tourney so we just need to take care of business first thing and not worry about game 2.

Things got a little salty in the last game today, due to limited shade myself and another dad ended up on the other teams "side" and they didn't like it too much. They made a point to tell us after the game that we shouldn't have been over there, there were a lot of thumbs ups and yeah okays....

What they did is give me a dilemma.... if they make it to us tomorrow, which side do I choose...

Good luck! Bring home the big trophy!

We ended up 6-2. Had a couple of brain farts today and it cost us. Boys did well and finished 5th.

We’re headed to Beavers Bend tomorrow to spend the week kayaking, fishing, and relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Good luck! Bring home the big trophy!

We ended up 6-2. Had a couple of brain farts today and it cost us. Boys did well and finished 5th.

We’re headed to Beavers Bend tomorrow to spend the week kayaking, fishing, and relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Sounds good sir, we all need a little relaxing this time of year

These short fences have worked in our favor big time, we have a minimum of 15 HR's in our 7 games so far between 4 kids, and the other teams make a point to.mention it loudly every time we hit one.

The games tomorrow are at big league dreams, the land of 300ft fences, so no doubt the game will change, should be fun.

I'll be with my 10u though as he kicks off his world series, this last week will be very telling for this team.

Comment

Man yall be racking up some miles this weekend..

Comment

Well my son had a tryout Friday night with the Desperados and made the 10AAA team. He has another tryout Tuesday for the Dallas Nationals.

Comment

Congrats.. which team is he wanting to be on? or is he pulling double duty?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Congrats.. which team is he wanting to be on? or is he pulling double duty?
                  Well he has friends on both teams. He will not be playing on 2 teams. The team he was on just was not working out so needed to find something different.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    Well he has friends on both teams. He will not be playing on 2 teams. The team he was on just was not working out so needed to find something different.
                    At some point you have to put the friendships to the side and pick what's best for your son. If there is better coaching then do what's best for him. I see a lot of kids on bad teams b/c of friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      At some point you have to put the friendships to the side and pick what's best for your son. If there is better coaching then do what's best for him. I see a lot of kids on bad teams b/c of friends.
                      I agree with you on that. One of the coaches we really like and is also a private school baseball coach as well. It really has nothing to do with a couple of the boys we know on the team. There are 3 boys on that team that I coached for 4 seasons when I was coaching. Good kids and good families that we have stayed in contact with

Comment

Well the 7s couldn't pull it out, Nitro took 2 from us today to win the championship. The boys just came out flat and Nitro was ready to go.

After The game Logan said he was ready for a break from baseball, and I'm glad. Never thought we would want to completely take the fall off but we are all on board. It's football time.

Now if I can talk Brock into it... They went 1-1 today, the pitchers had some trouble in game 2. I will he watching game 3 on game changer in the morning.

Comment

Well the 7s couldn't pull it out, Nitro took 2 from us today to win the championship. The boys just came out flat and Nitro was ready to go.

After The game Logan said he was ready for a break from baseball, and I'm glad. Never thought we would want to completely take the fall off but we are all on board. It's football time.

Now if I can talk Brock into it... They went 1-1 today, the pitchers had some trouble in game 2. I will he watching game 3 on game changer in the morning.
                          We never took the fall off until last year and I'm glad we did. Played 5 years without a break and I could see him starting to get the burnout. Took the fall off and he was ready to get back to playing and his arm was live and well. Congrats on getting to the championship nothing wrong with losing to good teams.

Comment

Good Luck this morning !

We aren't taking the Fall off, but we are adding some 7v7 - We may be making a jump up, and adding a few players. Will see how it all works out.

Thinking about slowing down the baseball stuff and getting back to just speed and agility type things to have some fun with. Kiddo did that the most when he was sport hopping every different season. Football led to soccer and then baseball and then basketball in the Summer.

Comment

Most of you guys have young kids. Under 13 or so. I’d let your kid be a kid. Plenty will change and lots of time for baseball. About freshman in HS they start going year around. We had 2 that quit Senior year last year because they had hit their limit

Comment

yeah we are up in the air with my 10yo right now, hes playing football and i would like to see him sit baseball out.

he had the go ahead rbi single in the top of the 6th today and we held on to win 6-4. 2-1 in pool so far with a "crossover" game tomorrow to see which bracket will will be in. the AAYBA format is new to all of us so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X