July-August THE JOURNAL OF THE TEXAS TROPHY HUNTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July-August THE JOURNAL OF THE TEXAS TROPHY HUNTER

While I write for all editions of the TTHA magazine, I decided to do a "how to" on predator calling. In the early 90's, most publications and videos were of the "how to" variety as that is what the public wanted.
    While there is no rocket science here, I hope that my common sense hints will help make you a more successful predator caller.
    Thanks and Adios,
    Gary

I got a huge compliment on this article when old buddy, Roy Hindes told me that it was the best story in the magazine. It really means something when you get a compliment on a hunting article from someone who is one of the deer hunting icons in Texas.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Where/how can we find your work?? Is it archived digitally and accessible??

Comment

I love TTHA magazine. I buy them all year long and wait and read them while sitting in the deer stand.

Comment

I’ll look out for it

Comment

Probably a good article. That magazine is full of ads. Sadly, they drove me to stop buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Probably a good article. That magazine is full of ads. Sadly, they drove me to stop buying it.
              Same here. Way to many ads for science projects.

Comment

use to be a great mag, now its just a collection of overpriced advertising and products.Shame to see,another ones bite the dust!

Comment

I agree that the magazine had too many ads on deer breeding operations for several years and I am not a fan of that. If you have seen the magazine in the last two years, I think you will find that they are getting away from the deer breeders. All magazines have to sell ads to survive and I do enjoy looking at ads on products that I have an interest.
                  The magazine is getting more articles written by the members similar to the way it was years ago. I am going to continue to write articles of the "how to" variety as well as stories about hunts that anyone can afford.
                  Thanks and Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                    I agree that the magazine had too many ads on deer breeding operations for several years and I am not a fan of that. If you have seen the magazine in the last two years, I think you will find that they are getting away from the deer breeders. All magazines have to sell ads to survive and I do enjoy looking at ads on products that I have an interest.
                    The magazine is getting more articles written by the members similar to the way it was years ago. I am going to continue to write articles of the "how to" variety as well as stories about hunts that anyone can afford.
                    Thanks and Adios,
                    Gary
                    Good to know. I'll have to check them out again and maybe re-up my subscription. Once upon a time I MAY have written a story or two for them.

Comment

Gary,

How was your hunt for axis with Larry? Was it too hot?

Comment

Joining the TTHA is less than $35/year which includes 6 issues of the Mag plus free admission the the TTHA shows on Fridays and access to the member discount program where you can save on things like... T-MateĀ®

Unfortunately advertising is what make the mag and Extravaganza possible but at least you basically get your money back by joining.

Comment

Chance, you need to get back to writing. In my opinion, there a lot of young hunters out there that know how to set in a blind and watch a feeder but depend to much on equipment instead of hunting skills to achieve success. Stories from someone that was born and raised doing it are invaluable in this day and time.
                          Larry and I both got shots at bucks but both of us missed. We struggled with the weight of trigger pull on the Redhawks and by the time I had "dry fired" it where I could shoot with any degree of accuracy, never got another chance.
                          Ruger does a really good job of putting the guns in the hands of hunters in actual hunting situations before marketing. I would love to have one of the guns with a four pound trigger as they handed extremely well and are darn good looking. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a few months.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Working...
                          X