Eclipse photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse photos

Anyone have any photo plans? I'd love to hear your setups/set lists. I'm experimenting a little today but the clouds aren't cooperative. I don't mind if it means rain.

I'm just using my 60D with 24-105 and a ND filter.....hope it works, I tried to take some of just the sun today and the flare off the sun was crazy. If it doesn't I'll just have to look at other peoples pictures of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
      I'm just using my 60D with 24-105 and a ND filter.....hope it works, I tried to take some of just the sun today and the flare off the sun was crazy. If it doesn't I'll just have to look at other peoples pictures of it.
      I wouldn't risk it. The suns rays focused on your camera's sensor by a telephoto lens can fry the sensor. It's like using a magnifying glass to start a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
        You will most likely fry your sensor. It takes a serious filter, like welding mask filtration to get it done.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TO_yZDxryQ"]How to MELT your camera shooting the eclipse! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I've tried a couple of times with my phone through a welders hood, but it won't show up as well as looking at it. Going to try it again in about 30 minutes when it's at it's greatest coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A little while ago with a pin hole projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cloud cover worked well for a shot from the phone

Last edited by Sleepy; 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

B&H ran a list of things to do and not do. ND filters are on the no list.

Comment

wasn't planning on potentially sacrificing my A7R but last minute I figured I would take a lens from a broken welding hood to work I had not fixed yet...everyone went outside and checked it out through the lens and even better with your sunglasses through the lens with the clouds...figured meh, I wonder if I could snap a few pics with the ol' iphone 6 through the sunglasses and hood lens...lol...better than not I supposed...

Comment

now I want a super telephoto to burn ants with....

Comment

Here's the DSLR filter to get when they recover their inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          Cloud cover worked well for a shot from the phone

Amazing!

Comment

I couldn't get any good ones of the sun. I didn't spend a lot of money on cameras and filters. I'll be ready for the next eclipse.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X