Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much Tom.

I'm in 5E and holding out for a very nice buck. I'm hoping others in 5 will do the same... at least taking a mature buck. I don't mind shooting a doe or two either.

Comment

My plan is to harvest does unless a very nice buck walks out.

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
        Thank you very much Tom.

I'm in 5E and holding out for a very nice buck. I'm hoping others in 5 will do the same... at least taking a mature buck. I don't mind shooting a doe or two either.
        I'm in 5E also and plan on shooting nothing smaller than the one I shot last year (profile pic). Just my personal goal. Although I can't say I'll wait until something older comes along, because the bio put that one at 7.5 With that said, if someone harvests a legal deer, regardless of size, I'm not mad at them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
          I'm in 5E also and plan on shooting nothing smaller than the one I shot last year (profile pic). Just my personal goal. Although I can't say I'll wait until something older comes along, because the bio put that one at 7.5 With that said, if someone harvests a legal deer, regardless of size, I'm not mad at them.
          Did you have your deer scored? Just curious.

Comment

Sorry, not a very smart question

Comment

Looks like 130, but the oldest buck in last years log is 6.5

Comment

From what I have witnessed, aging of deer at Camp Bullis is a joke. Inexperienced personnel are given a set of plastic examples of lower deer jaws and that is all the training they get. It may be a person whose specialty is birds or fauna and they try their best so can't really blame them. Tom
                Last edited by born-two-hunt; 09-09-2016, 01:15 PM. Reason: Spell

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
                  Looks like 130, but the oldest buck in last years log is 6.5
                  Yeah that's the one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the Camp Bullis double drop tine I hunted for all of last season. Have 7-8 game camera pictures of him but we never crossed paths. I hunted everyday that my area was open from Sep-Jan. Had several140 class bucks that were regulars but by mid Dec their antlers were busted up. Tom

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                      Cant get to my wife's rifle stand till next month

Not sure where she's at but they updated the 21 day availability only thing closed this weekend is 8A and 3C everything else has at least a day open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by USMC8151 View Post
                        Not sure where she's at but they updated the 21 day availability only thing closed this weekend is 8A and 3C everything else has at least a day open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's open this weekend. Now just gotta talk the wife into going lol.

Comment

Went out to Camp Bullis this morning to check my game cam and discovered I had 1058 10 second videos. Could have swore I set it for picture mode. They filled up my 8GB SD card and last video was last night. Have 2 pretty good 10 pointers coming in. One has hanging velvet on antlers and it really must have irritated him because every time he put his head down to eat corn he acted like a swarm of bees were on his head. While I was there I talked to the biologist and asked about putting a marker in the ground where we check in and out with UTM coordinates so everyone can make sure they have their GPS set correctly. He said he would do it. Tom
                          Last edited by born-two-hunt; 09-10-2016, 12:16 PM. Reason: SP

Comment

8A is closed, so it's jerky making day!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yearling?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
                                Yearling?
                                Lil button buck I think you know with the shoulder markings.

Comment

Working...
                                X