2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topshot View Post
    filled out all my applications last night, went for more than i have any other year...hopefully i'll get selected for some type of exotic or mule deer hunt this year.

Does anyone have an answer to what happens if you get drawn and are unable to attend? do you decline the hunt and keep your points or do you start at zero and miss the hunt (in the event of getting drawn for 2 hunts at the same time in 2 different locations)
    You lose the points. Happened to me three years ago when I drew Archery Mule Deer and Archery WT the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      Everyone on the first draw already send in permit fees, maybe?
      Mine says Pending 2nd Draw

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
        Mine says Pending 2nd Draw
        Good luck!

Comment

filled out all my applications last night, went for more than i have any other year...hopefully i'll get selected for some type of exotic or mule deer hunt this year.

Does anyone have an answer to what happens if you get drawn and are unable to attend? do you decline the hunt and keep your points or do you start at zero and miss the hunt (in the event of getting drawn for 2 hunts at the same time in 2 different locations)
          You'll loose your points. That's about the only good thing about the new system.

Comment

Archery deer deadline today. I got eight areas I applied for. Should know tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              Archery deer deadline today. I got eight areas I applied for. Should know tomorrow
              dead line is tomorrow the 11th...

Comment

paid for our alligator permits, so that's 2 less spots for second drawing...LOL The end of Sept can't get here fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  You'll loose your points. That's about the only good thing about the new system.
                  I believe you'd lose your points under the old system as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    I believe you'd lose your points under the old system as well.
                    Yeah but now it's the ONLY thing that might keep people from being stingy and putting in for every hunt even when they know they overlap. Before with one app per category it didn't happen near as much.

Comment

I would be happy winning one of those pig hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        Yeah but now it's the ONLY thing that might keep people from being stingy and putting in for every hunt even when they know they overlap. Before with one app per category it didn't happen near as much.
                        Not me. I have 13 points in Exotics and put in for most of them. Tried to stagger dates, but a couple had overlap. I have 5 points in Javelina and put in for several of those. If I want to hunt Javis bad, I'll just show up at the Chap as a standby.

Comment

here's another question: can you be selected for multiple hunts in the same category within the same year?

Comment

here's another question: can you be selected for multiple hunts in the same category within the same year?
                            Yes. But the first one you draw will result in your loyalty points going to zero, so that will make it less likely to be drawn on any others in that category. It's still possible though.

Comment

My kids got selected for several youth hunts a couple of years ago with three of them being in the same category. Like Shane said, if it is one or twelve your selected for in the same category, you still lose your points. That is part of why I apply for multiple hunts in the same category.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Yes. But the first one you draw will result in your loyalty points going to zero, so that will make it less likely to be drawn on any others in that category. It's still possible though.
                                A buddy of mine got drawn for Dougherty and Murphree alligator hunts on the same dates last year, and he somehow pulled off both hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X