Age and Score Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and Score Feedback

Working on aging for almost 4 full seasons now and I still struggle. Factor in scoring requirements and it gets even more confusing. On our lease, 4.5 year olds and older are legal. 140+ is a trophy. Less is a cull.

I've had this buck in front of me several times now and I think he is 4.5 and may score 130. I would appreciate some seasoned opinions on age and score and what I may be missing if I am off on either/both (age and score).

If he is 4.5, is there a good chance he will score 140+ next season?

I'm not asking if he is a shooter or not. After all, if he is we all know I won't see him again anyway. I'm just curious about age, score and potential.
    Attached Files

I say 4 years old. Hes got enough going on that I think he's worth giving another year. Looks closer to 125 than 130 to me. Might make 140 next year.

Comment

I agree with you on age. I'm only seeing 120-125 but that might be a little low if it's in Oklahoma. Don't know if he'll ever be 140 but should get close

Comment

4-5

Comment

4, 120 maybe, yes there is potential

Comment

4.5....I'd let him walk this year.

Comment

4 and upper 120s.

Comment

130 and 4.5 ! One more year and I bet he gets in the 140s if you are feeding year around! Deer in Oklahoma seem to make a big jump from 4.5 to 5.5

Comment

absolutely let him go one more year

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what he looks like next season.

Comment

4.5 120ish would let walk another year. Nice deer

Comment

Man, I would be scouring through my game cam pics from last year and two years ago to see if I could find this deer. Year to year will help you put the puzzle together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                          Man, I would be scouring through my game cam pics from last year and two years ago to see if I could find this deer. Year to year will help you put the puzzle together.
                          This is my first year on this lease. That said, I have basically cataloged (and still am) every buck I've captured on my trail cams with multiple pics of each. Going forward, I'll have a great frame of reference.

Comment

Looks 5 to me. 125-130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X