Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          Just got done pulling a tape. 137 7/8
          Very nice. Heck of a buck!

Comment

Just got done pulling a tape. 137 7/8
            That broke brow kept him below 140. Super fine deer. thanks for bringing him by. Oh yeah..thanks for killing all those wasp.

Comment

Heck yea Steve way to get it done. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                That broke brow kept him below 140. Super fine deer. thanks for bringing him by. Oh yeah..thanks for killing all those wasp.
                Pretty crafty of you sir! ... did you give him a can of spray or make him furnish his own?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Pretty crafty of you sir! ... did you give him a can of spray or make him furnish his own?
                  Heck no, I had to go buy a can and get Grandma some laundry detergent and from yhe smell of Steve she’d been out for a day or two! I did eat a 5gal bucket of greens, 2lbs of rolls, cream peas, ham, nanner pudding and some birthday cake so in the end I won lol.

Just left baby girl’s Thanksgiving Feast at school and headed to the gubment woods. Currently not even sure exactly where I’m going, I’ll just play it by ear and end up somewhere. Trinity’s Co is pretty heavy on my mind but I’m not sure yet. I’ll figure it out in the next 30min or so.

Comment

Good luck this evening. I just made it home hopefully we can get together and hunt while I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I decided on Trinity Co. I’m a little late getting in because the first 2 places I wanted to be in had trucks sitting there. Called an audible went into an area I haven’t hunted in probably 15 years. It’s changed quite a bit but the thickets are still in the same places they’ve always been. I’m posted up on the ground with one lane out front to shoot down, a little drain of a creek to the south and a nasty thicket to the north. Down in the creek there’s a handful of whiteoaks and a bunyof post oaks. Hopefully the rising pressure gets them stirring early.

It’s a little breezy but nothing like it’s been being. It was 48 when I got out of the truck and not a cloud in sight. Beautiful evening to kill a biggin!

Comment

Good luck!!!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

I decided on Trinity Co. I’m a little late getting in because the first 2 places I wanted to be in had trucks sitting there. Called an audible went into an area I haven’t hunted in probably 15 years. It’s changed quite a bit but the thickets are still in the same places they’ve always been. I’m posted up on the ground with one lane out front to shoot down, a little drain of a creek to the south and a nasty thicket to the north. Down in the creek there’s a handful of whiteoaks and a bunyof post oaks. Hopefully the rising pressure gets them stirring early.

It’s a little breezy but nothing like it’s been being. It was 48 when I got out of the truck and not a cloud in sight. Beautiful evening to kill a biggin!
                            Man, that sounds like the perfect set up to me!! If those white oaks have acorns on 'em, the deer will show up... well except if the hogs don't show up first...
                            River is still at Major flood stage down here in Liberty County... most of my sets are either still under water or inaccessible except by boat...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Man, that sounds like the perfect set up to me!! If those white oaks have acorns on 'em, the deer will show up... well except if the hogs don't show up first...
                              River is still at Major flood stage down here in Liberty County... most of my sets are either still under water or inaccessible except by boat...
                              I haven’t seen a hog of any hog sign in this part of Trinity Co ever. That doesn’t mean they aren’t here now but I have never seen any in the area.

It’s pretty quiet here. Squirrels cutting acorns towards the creek is about all I have heard. No deer sightings yet, bit if Insee one he’ll be in my shooting lane. Its pretty dang chilly now that the sun is goong doen. Wincyhas all but laid thank God. I may have overestimated the how effective my base lYer woukd be!

Comment

Squirrels just started acting a fool down along the creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X