X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd Shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
      I'm not too thrilled about it just because im not into them, but i know alot of you are. Our rep. cam in thursday telling us they"re in the process of completeing and marketing their first crossbow. I dont think i'll be able to keep em on the shelves. We'll see. I hope archery doesnt lose its roots. Whatcha'll think?
      i think......the "roots" of archery are safe.

Comment

Agree with above

Comment

I haven't heard that, but it would make sense. As the size crossbow market has increased, everyone will won't their share of the market.

Comment

I am all for it, I also shoot compounds recurves and longbows, im starting to feel the effects of 30 years of shooting. I own 2 crossbows now a trt ultralite and a barnett jackal. i dongt see a big advantage compared to the modern compounds ive had other then drawing it. it still has the effects of torque if you dont cock it straight or cant or if you dont follow through the draw backs are it take alot of time in between shots to get it cocked another arrow into it more then likely one shot is all you are going to get. im also all for it for the youth and elderly also it is alot of fun messing with different broadhead arrow combinations I enjoy mine

Comment

I forgot to add, although i can shoot farther i keep the same 25 yard max for my shots using crossbow ive settled on the 125 nap hellrazor and have gotten passthroughs to where i couldnt even find the arrow on hogs, also most crossbows shoot fairly close to advertised velocitys my jackal with shoot 314 with a 437 grain arrow and my horton trt ultralite with shoot 330 with a 425 grain arrow. I also found you need heavy duty targets or you will be losing arrows

Comment

I say more power to em, crossbows belong in the woods just like compound bows and just like rifles!

Comment

I'm surprised it took this long.

Comment

I may look into getting one because of shoulder problems. I have held off because I dont trust any of the others.

Comment

More power to 'em.
                      It's good for the sport and for the bow mfgs.

Comment

Maybe Mathews can make a quieter crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          Can't wait to see a solocam crossbow.
                          This was my first thought, as well.

Comment

I'm not excited about it, but they ARE the leader of innovation. And by the way, they make dual cam bows. Ever heard of the Monster?

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
                              I'm not excited about it, but they ARE the leader of innovation. And by the way, they make dual cam bows. Ever heard of the Monster?
                              Mathews is not the leader in inovation in dual cam bows, but I'm pretty caught up with what Mathews makes, and which line they put their inovation in.
                              Any one of their dual cam bows will have one of their other brands on it, and I suspected this crossbow would too.
                              I was simply implying,(jokingly) that if it were a true Mathews SoloCam crossbow, I'd like to see how they did it.
                              It was a joke.

Comment

This is interesting information. I don't blame Mathews for getting into the crossbow market as that seems to be the fastest growing segment of hunters and fastest growing market for archery equipment. I also recall an interview with Matt McPherson where he stated his deeply felt responsibility to keep Mathews employees on the job. I'm sure that their crossbow will be a quality product, not something that I am personally interested in, but a good buy for those who are.

Comment

Working...
                                X