No announcement yet.

Wind damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that sucks. You mind if I ask what insurance company you have? I work in the software industry and we provide claim estimating software. It might be you use one of our clients and I would be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

The Coppell police have been arresting roofers for a variety of offenses this week. I've enjoyed the show.
      We have been sending all the flyers that say "we will pay your deductible" to the insurance fraud division. It not fair to us that we have to abide by the rules but so many others think the rules do not apply to them.

We are licensed, insured for $2,000,000, preferred contractors for multiple insurance companies, and have a A+ rating with the BBB. You can't have that and commit fraud like alot of these guys are.

There are ways to reduce a deductible legally and it varies from claim to claim but it wont even cover a 1% deductible unless your house cost $70,000.

Alot of home owners have no idea that they are commiting a felony either. There's some smooth talkers out there, but the best companies and the best sales people don't pay deductibles. Home owners beware!!!! Its no joke!!!

Comment

I guess there are crooks on both sides. We had a big storm and big hail storm. Every house in my neighborhood had their roofs totalled. I called the insurance company and the adjuster came over and looked and said it was ok. I had been up and looked at it and knew how bad it was so I called the insurance company and asked for a different adjuster. Only took 3 calls and serious arguing and a request for the number to the insurance board to make a complaint and I got a different adjuster. He totalled my roof and said it was one of the worst in town that he inspected.

Comment

To the OP. Good luck in getting your house fixed.

Legally I understand the issues argued above.

When Alicia, Allison, Ike rolled through here, a few people I know demanded a second adjuster estimate after feeling ripped off at the first adjusters low balled estimate at repairing the damage.

All were pleased after the second adjuster came much closer to estimated repair costs that were deemed fair by both parties.

Fair system for all?

Comment

It is , like all things , dependent on the individual doing the work / appraising . When the last hurricane hit us there in League City there was an adjuster that came out and checked our house as well as our neighbors . Our neighbor was a rude individual , always was and probably always will be , I always try to be cordial . I thought the Adjuster was Great , as he inspected the house we talked about life , hunting , fishing , ect . . . He pointed out a few things I would have never noticed and told me about coverages I was not aware of . He went next door and I could her her " pointing " things out to him . He dropped by and said goodbye after he finished her house and commented on her " personality " . I was Totally Satisfied with our Coverage and Repairs . The neighbors were not

Comment

What fishanhunt said!

Comment

Working...
              X