No announcement yet.

Marcus Luttrell On The Lone Star Outdoors Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From one vet to another I would tell him the following: Thank You!!!

Comment

what caliber rifle for north american hunting. and for texas deer. and if you do not use the questions, tell him i say thanks.

Comment

I would Say From one Ranger to a SEAL Thanks Brother now let go kill something and get a beer.... We shared the same dirt.

Comment

A lot of great insight and I am glad to be a part of this group. I will def stick to more hunting related stuff. I will tell him thanks for his service from all of us.

Comment

Old Marcus and his brother Morgan went to school with me.. They were both bouncers at a local bar in Huntsville.. "Jolly Fox" I'm sure you can ask this guy anything.... One question you should ask is "How many drunk college kids tested him and his brother at the bar... There are plenty of those stories , some pretty darn funny....."

Comment

Maybe ask him what he thinks of the trial currently underway charging several SEALS with punching a prisoner suspected of killing Blackwater contractors in Fallujah.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                I would tend to think the man has earned the right to talk how he wants, if his show offends you dont watch it....

Cable, in the original post you had stated the condition for the interview....stick to hunting and fishing..
                Well said. That on/off switch is there just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  I can understand their questioning of his motives. I think that he did it for the glory. I often thought of going through the toughest training in the world so that 3 of my best friends could be killed in front of me in a far away land as I fought along side of them against overwhelming odds for my and their lives for a few hours and then had to live in crappy conditions while wounded and on the run in hopes that the Taliban didn't execute me so I could then write a book about it and become rich and famous.

That would be my motive for joining the SEALS.

I have no clue about him but I would bet that Marcus Luttrell might be a somewhat arrogant, cocky and cynical SOB. To some extent I don't think that you can be a Navy SEAL without that attitude whether it shows or not. That is the nature of the beast. People that aren't self assured, are afraid to make critical decisions and don't have confidence in themselves and their team probably aren't very good warriors.

God Bless Marcus Luttrell and all of the other warriors that are confident enough to go into battle for me and everyone else in this country. I could care less what their motives are for writing books after the fact.... they have earned it.
                  Thank you, thank you, thank you! Right on and well put! He's sacrificed more than any of us will ever know for our freedoms and our country as well as our rights that are under fire as we speak. We need to stand up and stand together as Americans, outdoorsman, gun owners and hunters to support those who share the love of our endangered sport! He's on our side and just like everyone of us, he is not perfect!

Comment

Cable - why not email or call him and ask him what topics he'd like to discuss, before the interview. Since it will be televised you should tell him to keep his language clean so he doesn't come off sounding crude (coach him)

As far as asking him about killing the sheep herders? I'm a Nam combat grunt, I'd ask him, but if you don't have a CIB or CAR you probably shouldn't. Remember that his team was under strict operational orders and they were to abide by their prescribed ROEs. And remember that hind-sight is 20/20.

Since I never got to shoot one, I'd like to know what he thinks about his Mark-12 rifle

Does he wish he was active in the teams again? (I wish I was active in my battalion again)

Now that he's home, what is he doing with his time? Is he still helping his parents raise horses? Does he have a job?

Don't forget that he's a 6th generation Texan on his mother's side - the boy is do serious respect....

Krohn

Comment

and if you haven't read it?

and these are the books about going through SEAL training by Capt. Couch - Luttrell is in the first book about going through BUDs

Comment

Thanks, Captjack. Unfortunately, I won't have access to his email the interview will be on the radio not TV. I do think you have some good questions.

I never did read Lone Survivor, but I DID listen to it an audio tape

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
                          what caliber rifle for north american hunting. and for texas deer. and if you do not use the questions, tell him i say thanks.
                          I think he uses the biggest gun he can find.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
                            and if you haven't read it?

and these are the books about going through SEAL training by Capt. Couch - Luttrell is in the first book about going through BUDs
                            Great books! I've read Lone Survivor 3 times and Captain Couch's series twice.

Comment

Ive read Lone Survivor several times. I actually finished it again just a couple of weeks ago. I first heard of it after his dog was killed and decided to read it. I would like to talk to him too. Tell him thanks.

Comment

Codeman is readin it now. I will re-read it when he is done.
                                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                                X