Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
    Well Im glad for you Txjourneyman that you can still hunt
    X2 Seems has you did your time and owned up to your mistakes, awesome.

Comment

I'm going to get flamed for this...Our second amendment says we have the right to keep and bear arms. It doesnt say "except you or you" If a felon convicted of a crime with a weapon wants a gun he/she will get it. Telling them they can't have a gun won't prevent them from comitting another crime.

Comment

Yes all the info here is correct except about the cross bow.

The cross bow is archery equipment and can be used during archery season. Therefore, IT IS NOT A FIREARM!

Felons cannot purchase, own, or be in possesion of a firearm! However, their kids, wife, or other family members may take ownership of all firearms thatthe felon owned prior to conviction as long as the family members are legally able to own a firearm. From then on out the Felon cannot buy but his son, wife, or other family member can... they just Cant give the firearm to the felon or they are a straw purchaser as well.... Very dificult!

Had a REAL close call in my youth that made me get a lawyer and found out first hand what I could lose just by giving a "buddy" a ride! No Bueno for sure!

Comment

Anyone have a ml meeting the requirements for sale? I have the same story young and dumb but I would love to give the ML a try. I strictly bowhunt now and im not sure that would be different if I wasn't a convicted felon. I used to hunt with a .270 all the time until my first bow kill and now that's all I care to use. And maybe i'm dumb but my kids will learn to use and respect firearms just as I did as a kid. My five year old is a killer with the .22 and will be upgrading to .243 soon. i completely understand paying for my mistakes. I did everything that was ordered, couldve walked but i wasn't going to testify against my best friend. What I don't understand is why a drug charge from many years ago should affect me for the rest of my life and more than anything why it should affect my son. I would understand armed robbery or something but come on....

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
            I'm going to get flamed for this...Our second amendment says we have the right to keep and bear arms. It doesnt say "except you or you" If a felon convicted of a crime with a weapon wants a gun he/she will get it. Telling them they can't have a gun won't prevent them from comitting another crime.
            well said

Comment

I have a friend that just got out a couple yrs ago. Long story and AWFULL judge put him away for something that was not his fault. He was involved but not to the extent of what he got.

He was told he could not own or use any wepon that had a trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                Yes all the info here is correct except about the cross bow.

The cross bow is archery equipment and can be used during archery season. Therefore, IT IS NOT A FIREARM!

Felons cannot purchase, own, or be in possesion of a firearm! However, their kids, wife, or other family members may take ownership of all firearms thatthe felon owned prior to conviction as long as the family members are legally able to own a firearm. From then on out the Felon cannot buy but his son, wife, or other family member can... they just Cant give the firearm to the felon or they are a straw purchaser as well.... Very dificult!

Had a REAL close call in my youth that made me get a lawyer and found out first hand what I could lose just by giving a "buddy" a ride! No Bueno for sure!
                There may be definition differences between agencies... TPW doesn't have much say over what feds call a firearm... and vice versa...

Comment

From what I've been told, it has to be traditional archery equipment and or an antique muzzle loader.

That's it....

It should be somewhere in the free TPWD season/guideline booklet you get at the sports counter.

Comment

I think slingshots are ok too.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
                      How many felons out there have a boatload of guns anyways? That is my question....
                      I know a few.

The fact of the matter is they dont care. Dont care if they get someone else in trouble, and what they did to earn the felony (s) taught them nothing...

I know one specifically I avoid to this day as I was unware of the felony situation and could have gotten in big trouble had the cops shown up a week earlier. I was livid.

glad those of you struggling with this owned up to your mistakes, and live with them and have some integrity or atleast the repsect to your family not to put them into a situation.

good on you guys. unfortunately there are those out there that dont learn from there mistakes and continue to be idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow View Post
                        I think slingshots are ok too.
                        Only treelimb and innertube are allowed! surgical tubing "WristRocket" type are highly illegal! LOL!

Comment

Felons

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                          I thought convicted felons could not purchase a hunting license ?
                          Fleons have to eat to you cant take that away for someone for something they may have done years ago!
                          Last edited by mpotts; 10-05-2011, 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

i would stay away!!!

Comment

i hunted with a felon once. he could use a bow and a muzzle loader and that was it.

Comment

ttt this is a good subject yall

Comment

Working...
                                X