2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    These acorns shouldn’t last to much longer with how saturated everything’s been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope you're right. If anyone is guarding q feeder I'd say its near a waste of time. Does arent even showing at ours. Everything but pigs is on the acorn buffet. From the lack of shooting ive heard I dont think a lot of deer have been taken around us. Wife counted 14 yesterday am and i think we heard 2 last night. Most to our south as usual and 80% of those sound like misses and 2 reports

Our ground is so wet its near impossible to walk with any amount of stealth. Every step is met with ankle sucking mud.

Clouds have broke here and blue skies showing up. I did see another decent 8 yesterday afternoon. Probally in the low 130s

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-04-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Got in before sun up but later then I would have liked, but at least I am not sitting here soaking wet.

All this water has to rot those dang acorns.

Comment

Just had this young one walk buy
        30 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Hope so it’s been slowwwww going for me like maybe “stopped” is more appropriate than slow LOL
          Maybe i was wrong, riding the skunk bus so far this morning!

Saw deer both hunts yesterday just not a big one. Does are eating road corn when the bucks aren’t chasing them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
            Got my target buck this morning. I had him in front of me at 30 yards twice in archery season but no shot. I pulled out the Marlin 30-30 this morning. At 8:30 this morning he was trotting through my set up at 60 yards. I mouth grunted at him and he stopped. He went about 50 yards after the shot. I would have enjoyed bow hunting for him longer but I am hunting a small property and things change up and do a 360 after rifle season starts. I am pumped as this is my best buck to date. 14 scoreable points.

Complementary tailgate pic for GarGuy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
            Monster!! Impressive!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a doe bust out into the pasture a few minutes ago. Right behind her was a 3.5 yr old legal 8pt. Fun to watch them play cat and mouse.

Come on Big Daddy!

Comment

Was planning on going, but my stomach had other plans[emoji15]
                Gonna try this afternoon

Comment

4 does just cruised through

Comment

Spike just came through, first deer of the morning for me.

Comment

Great buck, I love those old warhorses!

Comment

One lone doe has cruised thru the food plot. North wind just picked up and temps are falling

Comment

Little 5 point came in and ate road corn for about 10 minutes. Going to keep hanging in here.

Comment

5 does , 2 fawns and 5 bucks. One sure enough mature trotted through. Another 5 yr old big 6 with split 2’s around the corner on covert. Been an eventual morning. I’m going to sit til lunch, meet my dad for his first visit to the lease, show him his stand and then get back to it.

Pronghorn. We haven’t seen him in 2 months.

Comment

Heck of a deer T.

I was gonna pull the plug at 945 but saw a good deer at the end of the same plot the doe was on. By the time I got glass on him all I saw was rump. Big body and looked heavy. He wasnt piddling around and i sure wasn't fast enough

Comment

After 12 hrs logged in we finally saw a deer @ 9:05 am. 7pt that didn’t have a tine intact probably 11.5” wide. She switched to kill mode instantly and sulked up when I told her she couldn’t shoot it. Wish we could have stayed another hour or so but she’s hunted hard. This was my first deer sighting since 2nd week of bow season and this spot is the hot spot and gar holed us. Camera is non stop daylight pics from sun up to sun down all day every day. Entry and exit are flawless and wind was good. And he knew we were there somehow

I’m use to it because I’m hunting a deer class that will just not play the game. But I hate she is not seeing anything. Don’t even care about the shooting part that will come. I hunted 4 years before I killed one and 2 before I saw one.... why I grew up wing shooting instead
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X