• Show
Clear All

DeWalt is a black and Decker with a different skin... I'm out

Makita or Milwaukee

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      DeWalt is a black and Decker with a different skin... I'm out

Makita or Milwaukee
      Yep, and Milwaulkee is Ryobi, Bosch is Skill, etc.. Most of them have a cheaper brand. Makita may be the only stand alone company left, and their older corded tools, are some of the best ever built imo, and probably still are. Since the Lithium days though, I've found nobody that compares to Milwaulkee. OP didn't specify cordless or not, but all my previous comments are strictly regarding battery operated tools.

Comment

Milwaukee

Comment

Makita out of the ones listed dewalt second Bosch is a distant third. Have to agree with the others that Milwaukee is the best on the market.

Comment

Milwaukee or Makita. Try cpooutlets.com for refurbished. It's where my master carpenter buddy gets his tools.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Dewalt 20v drill and impact and I've seen them directly work stronger and longer than Makita and Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                Milwaukee or Makita. Try cpooutlets.com for refurbished. It's where my master carpenter buddy gets his tools.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                Or try craigslist in a big city. Not sure where all the tools come from (seems too many to all be stolen), but the for sale section, Tools, and it's a plethora of anything you could want, brand new, half price. Tools can still be registered for warranty etc.. I just bought a brand new Milwaulkee, 10" compounding miter saw, for $325, still in the box. My last set of M18 fuel, I paid $175 for the 5 amp kit, hammer drill and impact, 2 batteries. Over $500 at HD or Lowes.
                LetGo is the same way. This is the Dallas area, but I'm sure Houston, etc..is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  Makita out of the ones listed dewalt second Bosch is a distant third. Have to agree with the others that Milwaukee is the best on the market.
                  Milwaukee is the best on the market that you can buy in a box store. Hilti is the best in the market. Is 3x the money of the money of the others, and only sold from dealers that are mostly out of trucks. I have both, and swear by both. Makita is the next best IMO, and I won’t buy anything yellow.

Comment

I use a jigsaw every day. Makita gets my vote. I love my cordless one.

Comment

My understanding is Milwaukie is now all produced overseas...doesn't mean it's now crap, but I know that means something to some.

I've always been a DeWALT fan.

Comment

Of the three brands you mentioned, I would spend my money on the Makita. Corded or cordless...hands down.

Comment

Hi, I used saws from 2 manufacturers, which you called. Bosch was not able to try, unfortunately. I had this DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch saw and this Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter saw Kit. You know, rarely it happens, but I really can not determine which one is better and how they differ. This does not mean that they are both bad, of course not. I liked using both devices, they are comfortable, lightweight. You can buy any of them, just do not regret it. Want to ask why I then changed one for another? My first saw just broke. Yes, man, the saws can break, I was shocked. Look for something on the Internet, read articles, look at reviews, selections, videos on YouTube. I can recommend this article about the best saws in 2018.

Comment

Having bought a Dewalt drill and circular saw, I now have two crapped out 18v batteries. Anyone know where you can buy new ones?

And yes I'm happy with the Dewalt but havent honestly tried any other battery operated brands in a while.

Comment

I love my (corded) DeWalt jigsaw.

Comment

We use Milwaukee at work but I use Dewalt at home only because I couldnt afford Milwaukee...

Comment

Working...
                                X