Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do "older" cell phones not get good service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
    I was a smart phone holdout. Had broken numerous flip phones due to the nature of ranch work. Operating all kinds of heavy equipment as well as tractors. Being around herds of cattle daily and sometimes getting stepped on or knocked down. A smart phone can be damaged too easily. Well, people needing to get ahold of me were sending texts and I wasn’t getting them. Finally had to get a smart phone when the girlfriend was sending texts and thought I was lying when I told her they stopped coming through. Never thought I’d give in to buying one, but a gorgeous blonde gal can have amazing powers of influence on a guy.
    There's always these

RUGGED TO THE CORE RUGGED IS IN OUR BLOOD. MANUFACTURED TO BE TOUGH. PROUD TO WEAR THE CAT® BADGE. For over 100 years, Cat has made some of the most reliable rugged machines and engines ever seen. The Cat badge symbolises extreme quality, remarkable performance and above all else, technological innovation. Our comprehensive range of...

Comment

I was a smart phone holdout. Had broken numerous flip phones due to the nature of ranch work. Operating all kinds of heavy equipment as well as tractors. Being around herds of cattle daily and sometimes getting stepped on or knocked down. A smart phone can be damaged too easily. Well, people needing to get ahold of me were sending texts and I wasn’t getting them. Finally had to get a smart phone when the girlfriend was sending texts and thought I was lying when I told her they stopped coming through. Never thought I’d give in to buying one, but a gorgeous blonde gal can have amazing powers of influence on a guy.

Especially if there is pictures involved... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally had to get a smart phone when the girlfriend was sending texts and thought I was lying when I told her they stopped coming through. Never thought I’d give in to buying one, but a gorgeous blonde gal can have amazing powers of influence on a guy.
        This is the only reason for getting a smart phone.

I hate phones with a passion but somehow I am carrying both a smart and a flip phone everywhere.

Comment

apple has admitted to doing this. they remove phone capacity [or whatever tech term is proper]. yes apple literally does this to their customers to drive new product sales.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            Built in obsolescence and intentional slowing of phones through updates.
            There’s a civil suit against Apple right now for that exact thing
            I saw this suit but don't see how it affects reception.

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Mostly because customers demand more data than voice services, modulation techniques and broadband utilization have to be changed. Older phones simply do not have the processing power to handle it all, and with the processor eating up all the available power from the battery, the receiver cannot pick up the signals nearly as well.

It's a whole big deal.
            This may make sense as to why it reduces reception.

So should I be able to delete most programs and aps off my phone to reduce strain on processor?

Or does Apple make the software run loops that just jams everything up?

Comment

My LG slide phone gets better reception here in the machine shop than all the smart phones do. I've never had a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                I have an old samsung s5 that still get good signal.
                Mine is(5 active) and it works great...signal no problem

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  Built in obsolescence and intentional slowing of phones through updates.

There’s a civil suit against Apple right now for that exact thing
                  It’s my understanding part of the settlement was to replace the batteries at an Apple location on the iPhones for $29.95.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    Mostly because customers demand more data than voice services, modulation techniques and broadband utilization have to be changed. Older phones simply do not have the processing power to handle it all, and with the processor eating up all the available power from the battery, the receiver cannot pick up the signals nearly as well.

It's a whole big deal.
                    Best answer so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I saw this suit but don't see how it affects reception.

This may make sense as to why it reduces reception.

So should I be able to delete most programs and aps off my phone to reduce strain on processor?

Or does Apple make the software run loops that just jams everything up?
                      I doubt it is your on board apps more likely attributed to the operating system architecture changing for the new network technology.

Comment

Wanna know the difference in a fast Tesla and a Ultra-fast Tesla?
                        a checkbox.

technology is easy to manipulate into obsoletion.

Comment

I wish mine didn't work so good!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X