6.5x55 Swedish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5x55 Swedish

Anyone have a factory load they like for TX hunting? I just scratched the itch but don't reload.

CZ w/Manners stock

Click image for larger version

Name:	9F39D803-9F15-49BA-B42C-8AC9E7379DAA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	25153960

Most loads will be reduced loads. I think HSM makes one that is hotter but you won't get the most out of the round until you reload I think

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
      Most loads will be reduced loads. I think HSM makes one that is hotter but you won't get the most out of the round until you reload I think
      Just wanted a step up from 243 so not too concerned about maximizing the load. I figured I'd leave something on the table by not reloading, and that's ok.

I see that Nosler and Norma make some quality loads if need be, but I was thinking along the lines of Federal Fusions.

Anyone else have a factory load they recommend?

Comment

Buddy shoots the federal fusion out of his old Mauser and they shot pretty dang well. I'd go with those

Comment

Mine(Rem Classic), my daughters(Mauser Kimberized), and my wife’s(Tikka) ALL like the basic Remington Core Lokts in 140gr and has been a true performer on WT, Axis, fallow, pigs from the hill country to S. Tx

jrg

Comment

Norma 120 grain nosler ballistic tips. My sons CZ loves them. Its a hog and deer killing machine.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check out Norma's site

Comment

The Hornady 140 gr. SST shot pretty well out of my Barrett. I handload and am working with the 130 gr. Swift Scirocco.

Swift has their 130 gr. Scirocco in their ammunition line. I'm tempted to try a box just for grins.

Comment

Well darn. The supplier didn't have any in stock as advertised. I ended up buying a 6.5 creedmoor instead

Comment

Wife shoots Lapua..

Comment

Working...
                    X