Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry's new single shot rifle. Looks nice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they stuck a rifle barrel on their single shot shotgun frame. I'll stick with my Browning 1885

Comment

Are they drilled/tapped to handle a scope?

Comment

As stated above, you slow down take more time to get a better shot placement. Would make me a better hunter imo. Would also give whatever ur huntin for a more sporting chance. Think I just talked myself into gettin a single shot rifle. Take my own advice as it were.

Comment

Kinda like what TxAg said. Smaller package even with longer barrel.

As much as I talk bad about the Handi Rifle push button thumb release when I saw it, I became very fond of it. So much so, now I dislike the lever thumb release, at least on a rifle;shotgun OK. It kinda precludes using a good rear site on the tang, but if you're gonna use a scope, I reckon it's ok.

I don't care that much for CVA's release on their Hunter series, but more so than Henry's lever release.

I've been thinking on getting a .223 and let JES rebore it to 38-55.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
            Same here, why single shot.
            To me they tend to be more accurate than the others; bolt action, pump, or semi auto. just my opinion though..

I would love one in 44 mag, 308 and 243

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              Looks like they stuck a rifle barrel on their single shot shotgun frame. I'll stick with my Browning 1885
              Well, I would too, even if it weighs half again as much and cost more than 2X, maybe 3.

Them 85's are some sure enough sweet rifles.

Comment

I like single shots and glad to see Henry making them. The H&R, Rugers and Brownings are serving me well for now.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                  Are they drilled/tapped to handle a scope?
                  yes.

Comment

I am glad Henry is coming out with more and more for the consumer. Choices are never bad to have. Henry is HUGE supporter of the shooting sports in this country. Did you know last year Henry gave away...Yes Gave away 500 .22 rifles to each of the Friends of the NRA dinners throughout the country? To raise money for the FNRA, which half of all money raised comes back to the county in form of grants to promote the shooting sports. That is putting your money where your mouth is. They will get my business.
                    I am in a raffle, with 6 chances out of 300 sold. Now trying to win a Henry Big Boy in 44mag.

Comment

Still haven’t seen any of these in stock. I want to fondle, err..handle one when they hit the shelves

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                        Mine in 308 is shipping today. I have to figure out what scope I should go with.
                        The one Doc Brown had on back to the Future, 3 I think it was, will look cool and "nostalgic" [emoji16]

Comment

I have been waiting 6 months for one. Good luck.

Comment

I hope the trigger is better than the handicap rifle

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                I hope the trigger is better than the handicap rifle
                                Don't have first hand experience, but heard from many reliable sources that the trigger is pretty stiff from factory~6.5-8 lbs. However, the same sources have found a pretty common spring to replace the oem that reduces trigger pull to acceptable ~4 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X