No announcement yet.

Factory 223 loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could definitely be wrong but this was the story after it was announced at the SHOT Show. Also, in places Hornady even refers to it as "Hornady Match Black". Check out these specs from Hornady's website.....

Black

Match

Again, I could have been given wrong info but if they aren't identical, I believe they are darn close. Close enough a hog won't care.[emoji16]

Comment

10-4, there are also publications that say the Black SKUs are mostly renamed products that also have been call Match, Custom, etc. I don't doubt you and hope the results support.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Range report:

Hornady Match 68gr about 1.5moa
        Winchester PowerPoint 64gr about 1.5moa
        Hornady Match 75gr about 2moa
        Hornady Black 75gr about 2 moa

Several different 55gr loads 2-4moa

The winner today was Federal Premium TRU with Sierra Gameking 55gr hp's. I got three consecutive 5 shot groups at or under 1moa.

Hornady Match and Black 75gr bthp's did perform like they are the exact same load.

This PSA barrel gets to stick around for a while!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot ORR tactical 75 grain bthp for my competition 3 gun long range stuff. Great ammo from a small veteran owned business.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            The only whitetail round that I have rifle hunted for maybe the last 6-7 years is the Federal .223 62gr Tactical Bonded (T3) round. The sku is FEDLE223T3.

I have never had one fail to penetrate through and through with about a .50 caliber exit hole including quartering.

No losses of any deer and the farthest tracking job was about 25 yards.

If you can get your hands on some. They are designed law enforcement rounds made for high expansion, very good penetration with weight retention. Anyone can buy them but they are sometimes hard to come by. I think it is likely that some Federal hunting rounds are basically this round but with a different name but I don’t know that for a fact.
            What about the trophy bonded tip 62 grain?

Comment

check www.targetsportsusa.com i buy wolf gold 223 55gr from them by the 1000 and to me they're the best bang for the buck

Comment

Hornady American whitetail
                Freedom munitions has a bonded soft point
                Barnes

Comment

I have almost the exact same setup as you and I found that the Federal Fusion 62 gr with the antlers on the box (not MSR) and 64 gr Speer Gold Dot Law Enforcement rounds shoot the best out of my rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

60 grain SP's from Freedom Munition

.40-50 a round cant beat that

Comment

Working...
                    X