Fletching arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
    Never heard of the JoJan. I concur the Bitz is very slow. How long do you guys usually let it sit before removing the clamp? I like to wait atleast 10 minutes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use Bohning fletchtite and although it says 5 minutes... I let it go 10 minutes. I have a timer that I use. Takes about 30 minutes per arrow. I haven't tried the tape yet, but want to give it a try.... someday.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      A few years ago I decided to give Bohning fletch tape a try. I have not used glue since and have never had a fletching come off. One nice thing about it is there is no waiting. You just apply the tape, seat the quill on the shaft and remove the clamp - couple of dots of Superglue at each end and you're done.
      X4.....been using the tape for over 10 years....still have some arrows from back then that the tape is still holding...great stuff....makes fletching much quicker.

Comment

I prefer to use fletching tape myself and just free hand my feathers its way faster that way.

Comment

Tape with duco in the ends is very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll have to try the tape sounds like.
            Always have used Duco.
            I find the JoJan makes nice arrows if you take the time to get it lined up properly.
            I make 4 fletch for my arrows and spouse can use it for 3 fletch as well, makes it very versatile for us. The Bitzenburger is in the emergency repair box that goes on every bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              A few years ago I decided to give Bohning fletch tape a try. I have not used glue since and have never had a fletching come off. One nice thing about it is there is no waiting. You just apply the tape, seat the quill on the shaft and remove the clamp - couple of dots of Superglue at each end and you're done.
              I agree, I used to work in a bow shop and we loved the fletch tape for feathers. Dot the head and tail with tip grip and done. I could do a dozen arrows with a bitz in 30 minutes no problem.

Comment

I have both Bitz and jojan…both are good. Even though it takes a little longer I use the bitz more. I just fletched 1/2 dozen couple of nights ago maybe took 20 min.

Comment

I use a Bitz, RH helical. Clamp each feather 20 minutes (give or take) with Fletchtite platninum, then let them sit for 24-hours before I shoot 'em.

Been hoping the wife would take up fletching as a hobby, but it's not working out so far.
                  Last edited by SJP51; 02-22-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X