Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

Comment

Man this turned out so nice. Yall did a great job!

Comment

Those bass must be growing quick!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I will finish up this week a 3.5 acre lake out of a 6.2 acres cleared. And I have been looking at the stocking plans. I guess u put in the northern strain for a more active biting fish, over the pure Florida stain, said to be less active on artificial baits. So, I am not sure which way I want to go. I will be stocking Bluegill and fatheads asap. Maybe at a rate of 20 to 1 on the BG and 10# per acre of the fatheads. What u think? I would have thought, your northerns would have had a faster growing rate from what I read, so what u think?

Comment

i'm bad I went back and reread your posting. It looks like you will be 1 yr ahead of me on the fish, so any info u have might help. Thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by deer farmer View Post
                I will finish up this week a 3.5 acre lake out of a 6.2 acres cleared. And I have been looking at the stocking plans. I guess u put in the northern strain for a more active biting fish, over the pure Florida stain, said to be less active on artificial baits. So, I am not sure which way I want to go. I will be stocking Bluegill and fatheads asap. Maybe at a rate of 20 to 1 on the BG and 10# per acre of the fatheads. What u think? I would have thought, your northerns would have had a faster growing rate from what I read, so what u think?
                I think the state is preferring a F1, a cross between a northern and a southern. To be even pickier, I believe they actually want a cross between a northern male and southern female. Also look into camelot bell, I hear they have great fish and they are huge.

Comment

We are going to be stocking our 15 acre lake this spring. And we are going to stock a mixture of Floridas, Northern, and Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fla Hunter View Post
                    x2
                    Looked good for ducks till the dock got put in, They gone

Comment

Just saw this....very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                        Holly cow that's a lot of food for the bass right there. Primed for good results in the future.
                        Thanks. This is my first experience with a first generation lake and it is amazing what can be done.

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        awesome
                        Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                        Man this turned out so nice. Yall did a great job!
                        Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Those bass must be growing quick!
                        Originally posted by Mjw195 View Post
                        Awesome
                        Appreciate it. I'm just a laborer and a guy with a smartphone/camera. Next summer should be fun to watch the kids go to town on the blue gill and young bass.

Originally posted by deer farmer View Post
                        i'm bad I went back and reread your posting. It looks like you will be 1 yr ahead of me on the fish, so any info u have might help. Thanks for the post
                        My biggest piece of advice is put way more structure than you think. When you think you're done, drag some more into it. Also, mark the structure with a float, gps, whatever. We tied decoys to the major features throughout the lake, but a few of them have floated off their mooring. Much easier to find them when the lake isn't full.

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                        I think the state is preferring a F1, a cross between a northern and a southern. To be even pickier, I believe they actually want a cross between a northern male and southern female. Also look into camelot bell, I hear they have great fish and they are huge.
                        Wish I knew what he put in here. To a rookie, they are growing very very very fast.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        We are going to be stocking our 15 acre lake this spring. And we are going to stock a mixture of Floridas, Northern, and Camelot.
                        Post up your lake. Would love to see what you did.

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
                        Just saw this....very cool!
                        Thanks. Was fun working on it, now it is time to hunt a little bit and let the fish grow for next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                          Looked good for ducks till the dock got put in, They gone
                          You don't think we could brush that dock in?

If you're on the book of faces, this is a video we took two weekends ago of the duck hole on this property. Planting this thing each summer is a beating, but sooooo worth it come Nov-Jan.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1643.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	24345711

Brrrr..... the forage fish are cold. Heat lamps anyone? As one of the guys said "this might be just stupid enough to work"

Comment

Comment

It looks like a great place, and u documented it well. And for the guys looking to build a pond, go to pond boss forum, lots of pond knowledge before u start. Me, I went with the Camalot Bell bass, Coppernose blugill, Red ears and Hybred strippers. In 4 yrs I should have 8lb bass and 8lb stripers. With possible 15lb bass in 10yrs. Look it up, lots of info on how to get it done in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X