Setting up an ILF bow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    Thanks, I meant to ask him, but we were walking into his house for some eggs. And , well, eggs won! Lol

Shot a doe (MLD) that morning then shot the bow and figured out the arrows. It was a great day. As soon as I get the tips and broafheads and some more practice, we are going to chase some pigs on his lease. Hoping to get some kills under my belt. Build my confidence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you are in very good hands.

Comment

Mistake***

My arrows are 400's.

Comment

I would think 500's would be closer to what you need to be shooting. Did y'all have time to bare shaft those 400's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
          I would think 500's would be closer to what you need to be shooting. Did y'all have time to bare shaft those 400's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
          We did to an extent.

Not sure if his heart wasn't in it or if after seeing these fly he knew we were good.
          We didn't shoot any 500's.

Right now, the arrows I have are flying good.
          So I guess I'll stay here for a bit.

Comment

We did to an extent.

Not sure if his heart wasn't in it or if after seeing these fly he knew we were good.
            We didn't shoot any 500's.

Right now, the arrows I have are flying good.
            So I guess I'll stay here for a bit.

In the end, what shoots is what shoots, and what shoots is all that matters.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              In the end, what shoots is what shoots, and what shoots is all that matters.

Rick
              Thanks.
              I try my best to not "guide the guide"

He said they were good, and all I needed to do now is practice. So, that's what I'm going to do!

Comment

Thanks.

He said they were good, and all I needed to do now is practice. So, that's what I'm going to do!

If you already have the right arrows for you and your setup, you are way ahead of the curve! It took me forever and a day to get it right without any guidance.

Now to get consistent...that's something else. Keep at it and good shooting!

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post
                  If you already have the right arrows for you and your setup, you are way ahead of the curve! It took me forever and a day to get it right without any guidance.

Now to get consistent...that's something else. Keep at it and good shooting!

Todd
                  Thanks.
                  I knew it was going to be a pain. Especially since we had already tried it on the other bow.
                  But since we knew most of the variables starting out, he kind of knew where we needed to be.
                  Luckily I hadn't cut off all my arrows!
                  Now I just need to finish the inserts and buy the tips.
                  Hope to have that done soon.

Got my target moved in front of the backstop Sunday. Should have the tin to cover it in a week or so. Then just need to rig some lights. Thinking I may just get a battery and a couple LED strips.
                  We use them here at work and I know they will put out quite a bit of light. I can rig up a solar panel on a battery and put a switch on it. ( Might even make a 12v photo electric eye to turn it on, once it gets dark) But maybe just a manual switch.
                  Then, if needed I can get one of those clamp on lights to shine the area where I'm standing. Although there is a light on the building...if it works. I'll have to check tonight.

Should be up and running and able to shoot into dark in about 2-3 weeks. ( Working in the dark the next few weeks)

I'll keep y'all updated on the progress.

Comment

I have a stand alone light with rechargeable battery I use for night shoots. Just set it off to the side pointing at the target. Grandson likes to play with it though so I have to keep up with the battery. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks.

That is most likely correct. You cannot do any serious tuning until you have somewhat consistent form. I bet money you will be doing some fine tuning later on that will make you change a few things!

Go practice and have some fun!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So I've been looking at the dirt nap gear heads. Just found out they have a 150 grain head. Would 5 grains make that much of a difference if I shoot the field tips and broad heads the same weight? Or do I need to find 145 grain tips and broad heads?

So far my form is just fine, I just need to remember to not dip my head. Otherwise everything else is fine. Practice is what I'm going to be working on. Getting it all down to where it's muscle memory.
                        But first I've got to have something to shoot at!

Comment

I have never been able to notice such small changes as 5 grains, but maybe others can. I think you will be fine with 150's.

Comment

Talked to my buddy and asked if I could go 150, he said no problem. So, I think I'm going to look at the dirt nap DRT HD's. They come in 150 grains. Should be able to get some FP's soon.
                            Work is really stretching me out. Plus it's been raining almost every day.

Ugh.

Picked up a different arrow rest, hope to get it on tonight.

Comment

There are lots of choices in 150gr broadhead. Whichever one you go with, just make sure it is as sharp as it can be, and be able to put it in the right place on the critter!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                There are lots of choices in 150gr broadhead. Whichever one you go with, just make sure it is as sharp as it can be, and be able to put it in the right place on the critter!

Bisch

That's the plan.
                                I don't shoot anything but SHARP broad heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X