• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big get for LSU.
    Attached Files

Comment

College Football - Bowl Thread

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      Expectations should be higher. TH was $25 million guaranteed, JF is $75 million guaranteed. JF has more to work with than TH had in his first year.

Tom Herman took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:

6-7 overall and 5-4 in conference

5-7 overall and 4-5 in conference

5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference

Jimbo took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:

8-5 overall and 4-4 in conference

7-5 overall and 4-4 in conference (with bowl game still to be played)

Improve by 1 win in first season is 6-7 for TH and 9-4 for JF. Neither is OK. Both will need time to get where they need to be. Would be nice for both to be 10+ wins and start playing each other again.

If Texas doesn’t win their bowl game, this will be Texas’ 4th straight losing record.

It’s really hard to believe all of this happened with the school that basically dwarfs its competition in the Big 12 in history, revenue, etc...

It reminds me of the Michigan fall from the ranks after Lloyd Carr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 12-07-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Yes. Frank Shannon went through the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
          Yes. Frank Shannon went through the same thing.
          And was not allowed to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
            If Texas doesn’t win their bowl game, this will be Texas’ 4th straight losing record.

It’s really hard to believe all of this happened with the school that basically dwarfs its competition in the Big 12 in history, revenue, etc...

Tom Herman has said it's going to take time. I thought the TH hire came with "win, and win now". And now he has to go toe to toe with Jimbo recruiting in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              And was not allowed to play?

1 year suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                1 year suspension.
                Yup. I'm afraid this will happen with Anderson.

Comment

The Title IX investigation may keep him off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                    Expectations should be higher. TH was $25 million guaranteed, JF is $75 million guaranteed. JF has more to work with than TH had in his first year.

Tom Herman took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                    6-7 overall and 5-4 in conference
                    5-7 overall and 4-5 in conference
                    5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference

Jimbo took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                    7-5 overall and 4-4 in conference (with bowl game still to be played)

Improve by 1 win in first season is 6-7 for TH and 9-4 for JF. Neither is OK. Both will need time to get where they need to be. Would be nice for both to be 10+ wins and start playing each other again.
                    Expectations should be the same. Not your or my money so not sure how that matters. I though Strong was getting everybody the last few recruiting sessions. Even Baylor recruits. The team was very talented, particularly on defense. Strong said the team was going to be ready to compete for national championship this season. O-line hurt but would have still expected more from the offense.

Comment

TH wins less than 8 in 2018 and the deck begins to stack against him. (Regular Season Wins).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        How do you think recruiting classes and apparent talent affect where a coach should be in any given timeframe?
                        It should but sometimes coaches run a different system and need to get players that match their system. According to the 247sports.com the last 5 years recruiting classes ranked the following (starting with 2013 class):

UT - 17, 17, 10, 7, 25 (average of 15)
                        AM - 9, 5, 11, 18, 13 (average of 11)

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

I agree. It's not acceptable. That's why Strong had such a quick exit. Program heading in the wrong direction with no sign of turning it around.

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                        Expectations should be the same. Not your or my money so not sure how that matters. I though Strong was getting everybody the last few recruiting sessions. Even Baylor recruits. The team was very talented, particularly on defense. Strong said the team was going to be ready to compete for national championship this season. O-line hurt but would have still expected more from the offense.
                        Actually I have higher expectations of the Horns. I think it will take longer for TH to turn the Horns around just because he had to stop the downslide first before he could turn it around. Notice the recruiting class rankings above. Strong wasn't getting everybody. He had a couple of good years.

JF comes in taking over a 8-5 team with good recruiting the last 5 years. His improvements should come faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          LMAO.

Go look at my other post. You are making yourself look dumb. Just stop.

A few years ago? But Aggy says the past doesn't matter.
                          Wow Bob . . Gettin a little testy there . . lmao . . All this started with Patterson . . 3 bad years with Mack and three bad years with Cholly . . You realize that there are no people in K-12 that have witnessed an NC in austin . . I know, right! ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                            Tom Herman has said it's going to take time. I thought the TH hire came with "win, and win now". And now he has to go toe to toe with Jimbo recruiting in Texas.
                            ...and everybody else in the nation

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                              Big get for LSU.
                              HUGE! Number 1 JUCCO OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                                Wow Bob . . Gettin a little testy there . . lmao . . All this started with Patterson . . 3 bad years with Mack and three bad years with Cholly . . You realize that there are no people in K-12 that have witnessed an NC in austin . . I know, right! ! ! !

And there are very few alive that have witnessed a NC in College Station. [emoji846]
                                Sorry, that was just too easy to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                                X